Norscot Claas Lexion 560

Evening guys...

Here's a little something I've been working on this evening... Always fancied a Lexion 560 to go with my Lexion 580 as the local estate ran this combination until last year. Having looked on e-bay for a suitably cheap 580 I finally got one last week - so here are the efforts so far.

The Norscot model has a few deficiencies, mostly the fixed header and lack of steering. Having recently converted one of my Norev Lexion 770s to have steering, I thought this time I'd address the other 'end' and make the header raise and lower.

The first three photos show the starting point up to the point of surgically hacksawing the header trunking off...

post-1591-0-12538000-1339712554_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-80695200-1339712585_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-51287500-1339712597_thumb.jp

The next three show the trunking modified to move up and down and to accept and hold the UH V750 header. Also in the last photo the combine is wearing a lexion 750/580/560 'hat'... as yet unpainted ;)

Also in the last photos I have removed the Lexion 580 printing to make way for the Lexion 560 decal... Removing the printing wasn't as simple as I'd thought - it resisted every type of solvent I could find so in the end I ditched chemistry and got mechanical on it and used T-Cut to 'polish' it off. Worked a treat! :)

/m.

post-1591-0-17130100-1339712758_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-65857000-1339712769_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-25059800-1339712785_thumb.jp

nice work mate. a mate of mine used the cat versions base as the header moves up and down on that one. shame they never used the same base for the claas.

I was also looking for a Cat Lexion but they seem even more rare/expensive - I got the 580 for £30 inc delivery which was cheap for a boxed minter! :D

try a cut down car areial malc, or i buy small magnetic pick up tools of ebay for 99p each, search for bluespot ,or drop me a pm, they will take the weight a lot better especially with the metal weight and header, i tend to use them for all the rams in my builds now, doesn't take to much work to do either

Thank guys for the replies! :)

Done the decals now, and applied most of them. Still not done the chopper - mañana perhaps? Oh, and a trailer hitch for the UH header trolley. :)

/m.

Get you with the correct spelling :D

Looking good, any chance of a line up of all the combines in your fleet?

Get you with the correct spelling :D

Looking good, any chance of a line up of all the combines in your fleet?

My other half spent some time living in Spain, and she's sat next to me so I had to use the correct syntax!

The line up? Photos or list? ;)

/m.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

Let's start off with the 1/32 scale ones as they are my main collection.

CLAAS:

UH columbus

UH Europa (silver)

UH Europa (green)

UH Matador Giant

Malcyp Senator 85

Malcyp Dominator 105

Dominator 98SL (modified Newray combine)

Norev Dominator 108

Dominator 218 (Modified Bruder)

Gama Commandor 116CS

Siku Lexion 480 (early style)

Lexion 440 Evolution (modified dodgy Chinese combine)

Siku Lexion 460

Siku Lexion 480 (standard header)

Siku Lexion 480 (V900 header from Siku Lexion 600)

Norscot Lexion 560 (modified 580)

Norscot Lexion 580

UH Tucano

Siku Lexion 600 (remote controlled)

Lexion 600TT (modified Siku Lexion 600)

Lexion 770TT (modified Siku Lexion 600)

Norev Lexion 750 Helmut Edition

Novev Lexion 770TT

Novev Lexion 770

UH Crop Tiger

MF:

Britains 780 (my Christmas present in 1978ish)

Britains 780 (modified with silver cab/wheels)

NH:

Britains Power Farm TR86

Britians TR85 (with maize header)

Britains CX880

Britains CR9080

ROS TX66

CAT:

Norscot Lexion 590R

OTHER:

Britains Little Farmer blue MF

Dodgy 'Speed Safely 480' (1/32 scale Chinese clone of the Bruder 1:24 Lexion 480)

Now the rest - i.e. the non 1/32 scale ones (bigger or smaller!)

CLAAS:

30 models including 1:24 Bruder Dominator and Lexions (Cat and Claas), UH and Norev tiny Lexions (580 and 600), Norscott 1:87 scale 580 (x2) and 1/64 scale 480 (Cat and Claas), Kibri 1/87 480 and 480TT, 1/43 Gama Dominator x3, Wiking 1/87 Lexions (x3) plus 1x header trailer. Also eight Matchbox Claas combines, both King Size and regular series and a rare Playart 1/72 scale Matador Giant

MF

Corgi 780

Lesney Massey 780

I *think* that's the lot... might have missed some of the little ones - in fact I know I have some tatty Matchbox King Size in boxes of spare bits... ::)

Photos? Tomorrow perhaps, but only of the collection - individually would take too long! :of

/malc.

Edited by malcy_p

Yes - they are waterslide jobbies designed in Photoshop CS4 and printed out with my laser printer. I actually did a load of number plates after finding a place on the 'net for petrol heads to create a forum avatar of their own number plates - does British plates (front and rear), German plates, Merkin plates etc. :)

I also did some Vicon decals for the Britains fertiliser spreader I converted to 'three point hitch' mounting instead of being on wheels.

How the big Case 600 suiting ya? :D

/malc.

post-1591-0-66810900-1340488661_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work work Malc, little cracker !. do you know where or if anybody sells decals & numberplates to order as have just converted 2 V750 headers into a V1050 for siku Lex 600 ??

Edited by Hoss

Excellent work work Malc, little cracker !. do you know where or if anybody sells decals & numberplates to order as have just converted 2 V750 headers into a V1050 for siku Lex 600 ??

I'm doing a sheet for Pauali, so I could squeeze a few on there for you too if you like?? What do you have in mind and do you have any decent artwork to work from??

/m.

Got any photos of the header?? :)

/m.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Malc that would be great, just looking for 2 x V1050 transfers for each end of header as it has the original V750 ones on it still at the moment. Trying to sus oit how to post pics !!! bear with me !

Cant seem to upload any pics as all my pics are over 2 mb,