?What was the pull type forager based on?

Light Land

Wonder if anyone can me please,I would like to convert a old green pull type forager with yellow wheels and ugly plastic maize front into a more life like model but are unsure what Britains based it on or what it could be converted into to look right.

thanks ol

Wonder if anyone can me please,I would like to convert a old green pull type forager with yellow wheels and ugly plastic maize front into a more life like model but are unsure what Britains based it on or what it could be converted into to look right.

thanks ol

years ago ol i converted it into red new holland forager,i used a biro outer tube for the header and the surround of the header out of card and carefully peeled off a new holland decal from my britains baler and stuck the decal on,and hand painted it red and yellow,what it is based on,no idea im afraid,this conversion was ages ago ol,when i was very young,but now im sure with all the spare parts and bits around now it could be a very easy conversion Edited by paulali

years ago ol i converted it into red new holland forager,i used a biro outer tube for the header and the surround of the header out of card and carefully peeled off a new holland decal from my britains baler and stuck the decal on,and hand painted it red and yellow,what it is based on,no idea im afraid,this conversion was ages ago ol,when i was very young,but now im sure with all the spare parts and bits around now it could be a very easy conversion

I done something like yourself with one. Made an attempt at a New Holland 719 & used the pick up header from the NH bailer. It still needs more finer detail & decals.

IMG_0824.jpg

Britains old orange/green drag choppers were as said by various people who work with or for Britains at the time it was based on the JD 3400 series but Britains weren't granted a licence to produce it in jd colours or name so it became a generic trailed harvester.

Some of the choppers that i have built using the Britains as a base include Claas 60/62, JD3765, Kidd multichop, JF1050 with engine on, Claas 62 with engine on and theres others that have been built and are in the collection too, but they all use the pick up reel and auger out of a Britains Claas 695 self proppelled, some the headers were used too but others have had a proper header built out of plasticard.

some of my drag foragers pics are posted on a thread on here Classic (Valley Contracts) silage Scenes under model farms and layouts

Hope it a help :)

Some pics of some of my trailed foragers that use the pick up reel off the Claas 695 forager,

The Kidd multi chop, John Deere, and JF 1050 with engine use the complete header off the Claas, the Kidd one having been narrowed abit when i built them some years back.

The New Holland 525 is by an unknown builder but has used the Claas reel and auger as does the claas 75 built by Keith Edwards, and both have headers built up out of plastic card,

Lastly the Reco Mengele flywheel, custom built by the Late great builder Phil Hairsine aka Starbrush, which he built for me as a 30th birthday suprise 4 years ago, but he used the Reel and auger out of Siku's John Deere self propelled header, and narrowed them down to suit.

post-3371-0-01182900-1340449983_thumb.jppost-3371-0-09306400-1340450037_thumb.jppost-3371-0-96684800-1340450069_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-65881700-1340450014_thumb.jppost-3371-0-23478500-1340450054_thumb.jppost-3371-0-24954800-1340450098_thumb.jp

Hope Pics give you some ideas Olly, and good luck with the build :).

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1