I have finally got around to making a Zetor 12145 have been wanting to do one for a long time, but the scratch building of the cab was putting me off.

I got a paper build up 1:32 scale one from Chechoslovakia which turned out to be very accurate and armed with it as a template and my neighbours 1:1 8011 for measurements i made a start.

I will be using the wheels off a Foterra Zetor and probably the chassis as it looks similar but ill have to measure it.

I saw a real 12145 out working in a field not so long ago and forgot how small they looked comparers to modern standards.

First up is the only good photo i can find of our original Zetor taken around 2001-2003 can only tell rough date as the TM150 was new in 2001 and it still looks new.

177f801b.jpg

177f801b.jpg

817f407d.jpg

472f268c.jpg

46c3908e.jpg

d202bfe8.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Sean the paper kit has been invaluable to me, its seems to be 100percent accurate and saves alot of measuring and converting. I had planned to make a small number of these and 8011's but as i dont really like cutting plastistruct i doubt if i will make any more than one more. But it helps if you have a love or used a machine often to keep at it :)

Thanks for the comments. And thanks for the offer Chris, but i have a good few photographs of the tractors as we've had a various Zetors on the farm from the 70's until about 2007. Ive got a a little more done today, and hopefully get  a few pictures up of progress tomorrow when i get a coat of paint on the chassis.

Thanks for the comments. And thanks for the offer Chris, but i have a good few photographs of the tractors as we've had a various Zetors on the farm from the 70's until about 2007. Ive got a a little more done today, and hopefully get a few pictures up of progress tomorrow when i get a coat of paint on the chassis.

Edited by roberthenning

its weird, but i seem to remember someone saying this type of zetor cab would be so much work to do, and would be near on impossable to do ,strange how some decent research does wonders eh robert, may sometime have to try mine looking at yours, but recon i will go gold chassis  instead

Im enjoying this build much more than any of the Jd or Ford conversions that i have done to tell you the truth, but glad i waited so long to do it so i have a bit more practise under my belt. Yes i remember ones saying that Sean, but theres men out there building the likes of murhills and county's that are much more complex than a cab built in the 70s with soviet box section. Id really love to see one that you'd do Sean, with opening doors and the lot, id loved opening doors on mine as they were always tied open in the hot summers, but maybe on the next one. In saying that the paper template was pretty invaluable, and too the glazing to get the cab ridgid enough. 
I think i actually prefer the crystals with the light green chassis best, but i wanted the dark green/blacky chassis as thats what i remember about here, but will probably make another 8011 and a 8045 as well, but as its took me 6months at this one it might be a while before you see them done.

• Like 1