britains new holland cr 9080

my lovely wife has just bought me the britains nh cr 9080 combine,i will be pimping it up a bit,ordered some fire extinguishers from ian leather,but he's away on holiday for 2 weeks and sorting some warning decals,elevation decal and number plate decal from mandy

post-1769-0-85825900-1342262861_thumb.jp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done a few alterations to a CR...I bought another to tinker with as well but haven't started on it yet. The first one I had, the cab mirrors had broken off, and I can't seem to remove the 'stumps' left behind. I took the grain tank extension off and fashioned a crude flat cover for when they are closed the trouble is sawing out the lump of plastic inside which is meant to be an auger, it takes some doing!

Doesn't it already have Elevation decals on the cab windows?

Look forward to your progress, Paul.

no maize header paul?? you not seen "howtons" lexion then , pretty sure its theres, they usally run it later in the year with a maize header on the front, keep your eyes peeled along the saltash to callington road, usally see it there, although its mostly wheat/barley along there this year

yeah ive seen it sean,but still a rareity really,99% are spfh's on the maize

And another thing I've noticed is that the combines Ive seen harvesting maize over here(all 2) have both had 8 row headers, not the huge ones that seem to be used on the britains models.

Back on topic, hope this goes well for you Paul, only small changes but im sure it will improve the models realistic look.

well the combine turned up today,ive allready took off the small wheels that turn the header,here's what i plan to do

apply warning decals (from hlt)9done)

make numberplate holder(done)

add number plate (from hlt)(done)

paint the wheel centres (done)

add a driver (done)

paint the reel tines,that will be time consuming(done)

add the hydraulic pipes on the header

add 2 fire extinguishers(wont get them for over a week)

add cab roof aerial (done)

and that should do it

post-1769-0-18528300-1342803271_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Big improvement on the base toy by the looks of things 8) It's a shame Britains stopped using clear plastic or crystals for lights though. Those cab roof ones would be near impossible to convert I'm sure.