ransomes paint

Tractorman810

Question

guys, after a little help if you can please, kind of linked to barrys ral topic ,can anyone tell me what ransomes blue would have been used on their trailers??? please, i have a choice of 3 to go for , nacton blue , just blue or orwell blue ,and according to a e-mail i got replied to, all are slightly different shade wise . so far i have not found any of these in aerosol tins, so cant get the codes for it to be made up in a tin until i know what one to go for , long shot i know, but with luck someone will know someone somewhere who may be able to help

cheers

8 answers to this question

Orwell blue is the darker shade of blue as used in the older combines and on my 1948 Ransomes MG2. .I think Nacton blue was a lighter shade. What year are you talking about for the trailer Sean :huh:

I would say that Halfords Vauxhall Pastle blue is a lighter shade than the Orwell Blue I used on my MG2 when ity was sprayed in 1985. I remember now it was an enamel paint and was in Ford tractor tins and was obtained what was then Aberdeen Tractors. I actually think I still have a 1 litre unopened tin to this day...always tend to buy extra when it comes to paint.

Various009.jpg