ToyTrac 2012 Sunday 14th Oct

Valley Axe Man

Great day. This show does get better. I thought there were fewer customers than the last time I went (two years ago I think) but everyone seemed to spending well.

Lots of things I would have liked but you can't buy it all.

Great day. This show does get better. I thought there were fewer customers than the last time I went (two years ago I think) but everyone seemed to spending well.

Lots of things I would have liked but you can't buy it all.

yes i agree there didn't seem to be as packed out as usual but i wonder if it was because it was spread across 4 rooms now not the usual 2/3 rooms?

had a good day , seemed a lot less people to me but i could be wrong. the layouts were amazing as always . talking to a few people ,the fact nothing new was out was the down side but i did see the new mf6290 which isnt that bad . this year was the first year ever i have come home with money still in my pocket. roll on next year .

Got back about 9.45 last night..... Didn't have a bad trip until getting into delays on M6 in Staffordshire. Was great to see some of the familar faces and some new ones too, Always good to have a catch up with Barry, Sean, Tris, Mandy and Fraser...... even a bit of HLT nostalgia too :laugh: Some great displays from simple 18" square boards to 24ft x 4ft diorama and the added bonus of alot of junior entries that good to see the next generation keeping our hobby alive and well for the future. Thanks must go to Jonathan and his wife for supplying a cracking bit of cake :) and also to Graham and Sharon for the donation of another tool/butty box ;)

Looking forward to next years show already! Hope to have the Kitchen finished by then Tris too! :laugh: :laugh: ;)

I arrived home tired out and I only had an hour's drive! I hope all the long-distancers made it safely.

The diorama's were superb so congratulations to all the exhibitors and competitors.Great to meet up with friends old and new. I had a thoroughly enjoyable day and look forward to seeing the photos.

Another great show. A big credit must go to the organisers as I love the direction the show is going in. To see the next generation putting in so much work with their dioramas is so pleasing for all to see.

Thanks again to all the weirdos who came and said hello and if you spent your hard earned cash with UTS we appreciate it.

All in all great fun

Thanks again big love :-*

I have to say that for me, this has been the best Toytrac ever. Anyone with even the slightest interest in farm models would have been captivated by the skill, effort and imagination of the dioramas and I have to say a big 'THANK YOU' to everyone who made the effort to bring their work along - especially those who suffered an early morning and long journey to take part.

The under 16s were amazing and the skill levels the exhibited certainly demonstrated what a very talented crop of farm modellers in the making. What an exciting future the hobby has indeed! :)

The Hubbards were an inspiration to us all (as always), with their stunning diorama and, plus they're both so nice to boot!

Thank you also to Sue Leake, who always produced some very fine work with Leaky Vale and offers encouragement and advice to everyone.

And a thanks also to our generous prize givers :- Barry Stunt (UTS), Paul Headon (Brushwood Toys), Steve and Karen Harris (Farmmodels), and Peter Hardy (supplied the weathered Ford).

Plus we mustn't forget our judges, Warner Hall and Andy Ebbage - I am so grateful, to have avoided this task and it must have been near impossible. I guess the embarrassment of having to have my photo taken for every prize giving was a fair trade-off!

And also thanks to Karen, Steve, Warner and Sue for making it possible!

Well... can't wait until next year :)

Edited by Lady Ferguson