Case AFX 8010

BGU

Don't know if we have had a discussion about this model before?

I was very disappointed by the fixing of the header on this one. It only has two little pegs that clip it on. They are very hard to connect and dont hold the header steady.

I don't know if mine is an early model, the box has a picture of the prototype on the back?

Have they improved it?

post-242-132638519106_thumb.jpg

i do remember a topic about the wheels ? but not the header,is it the same method as the mf7200 then? i keep looking at them and have picked it up togo to the till but backed of down to comments made on here about it,plus i have 6 combines plus the uh one coming anyway

i bought one 3 months ago, and thought very little of it.

wheels weren't put on correct so looked wobbley when they rotated.  the header would stick as it rotated.

in the end i sent mine back.  I not gonna buy another britains combine until i know these probs are fixed.

i got the new holland one a yr ago,  its the same mould as the afx, so you get the same probs. i did any way, especially with the header sticking.

the massey 7200 combine looked ok.  I not had one out of the box to try, so not sure what the header is like.

has a plate that moves arround a pivot point in the centre,and the header attaches via 2 lug/ pins on the header into 2 c clips on the pivot plate,is a bugger to get on and off,need to change it on my detailed 7200 as i don't want to break the new header real,really takes some pushing on 

FP junior broke one of the locating studs off his 7200, you need to give it a right tug to get the header off the combine.  >:(

Mini BGU hasn't broken his yet!!! I am trying to persuade him to leave it attached. At least on the JD STS it fits better and goes on and off easier.

did you have a look FP  ??? ???

Yeah, I left work and rushed home, unpacked loads of box's to find it and had a look.  ::) ::)::) What do you think??  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll have a look tonight.

has a plate that moves arround a pivot point in the centre,and the header attaches via 2 lug/ pins on the header into 2 c clips on the pivot plate,is a bugger to get on and off,need to change it on my detailed 7200 as i don't want to break the new header real,really takes some pushing on 

I know what you mean Sean......I never liked putting the header on my Massey Ferguson 7200 so I always got Mum to do it when I was younger...... :D::);)

the foragers are alittle dissapointing the actual models are good, but the head which folds looks shockingly bad when lifted up it looks well out of proportion especially when next to the deere, or the ltd edition claas on my shelf