Annandale Model Exhibition Sunday 10th March 2013

BC

just home from another excelent day , great new venue with the same great atmosphere , thanks to everyone involved with the show and Paul just make sure your mum keeps baking those cakes that sticky toffee was just something else

Brian thats why you stayed till the end for Pauls Mums Cake?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first time at this show and thought it was excellent. met some FTF members too , valley axe man, bc, mr softie, steves toys and jdc , which was a double bonus

paul, cheers for the combine parts n tell your mam the sticky toffee cake was awesome , is it a hobby or does she do it for a living , if not she should ;D

Oh yes .that sticky toffee cake was fan dabby dozy.....I think I could force down another piece at Aberdeen in eight weeks time ...I should have worked of the calories by that time ;D  ;D

Just back and unloaded, Many thanks must go to Kenny, Shirley, John, Robert and families, another great show that hasn't lost it's atmosphere since it started all those years ago, third venue but keeps on going strength to strength,  was great to meet up with friends old and new. :)  :)

Mum glad the cakes were enjoyed and well liked :)

A great day, with great people.... roll on next year :)

just home from another excelent day , great new venue with the same great atmosphere , thanks to everyone involved with the show and Paul just make sure your mum keeps baking those cakes that sticky toffee was just something else

Don't worry Brian, mum says she'll wave her magic whisk over the mixing bowl and stir up another masterpiece for aberdeen ;)

first time at this show and thought it was excellent. met some FTF members too , valley axe man, bc, mr softie, steves toys and jdc , which was a double bonus

paul, cheers for the combine parts n tell your mam the sticky toffee cake was awesome , is it a hobby or does she do it for a living , if not she should ;D

Glad you had a good day David, No probs over the bits, always happy to help out if i can :)  Mum glad you like the cake.... yet another fan in the fan club ;), it's funny you should mention about mums hobby, Mr Softie A.K.A Brian also has said that she should turn her skills into a business :laugh:

Three cheers to the 3 Beeton brothers and their families ;D  ;D ...and I do hope Robert's girl Rachel can play "The hens march to the midden at Lanark in September"....she did say she would try....a rather nice and talented young girl who was playing on her fiddle during the course of the show. Gretna is such a friendly family run show and long may it continue to support the charity they are raising funds for.

As I said Kenny and Shirley I have promised I will go down to the Fife Tractor Club ploughing match next year assuming G&M are at Perth that weekend and the match is on the same weekend :unsure:  :unsure: 

And again I must thank you on behalf of Andy Ingram and Brian Gray for putting up posters for the Aberdeen show ( 8 weeks away ) and also taking flyers at the pay desk and allowing me to pass them around the tables.

Kenny, Shirley and John need to get a drink or" twa" from the North East Farm Model Farm and Construction "team" on the Saturday night at the Treetops me thinks :huh: 

Glad you had a good day David, No probs over the bits, always happy to help out if i can :)  Mum glad you like the cake.... yet another fan in the fan club ;), it's funny you should mention about mums hobby, Mr Softie A.K.A Brian also has said that she should turn her skills into a business :laugh:

Yes she could and then hire you to be the delivery boy...I mean "loon" Paul ;D  ;D

........ the cakes be safer delivered by me rather than Brian ::)  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well I suspect Brian would slap a scoop of ice cream on top and stick a chocolate flake in them as well Paul......even more calories. ;D  ;D  ;D

Well I suspect Brian would slap a scoop of ice cream on top and stick a chocolate flake in them as well Paul......even more calories. ;D  ;D  ;D

i like the sound of that combo. ;D .mind you your right about the delivery of the cakes. their soooo good they prob never get to their intended destination. :ph34r:

Thanks to those who spent their hard earned with us on the table today, thanks to you buying quite a bit of my surplus 1/32nd collection, we were able to donate £150 to Kenny and Shirley's nominated charity :)  :)

Paul...£ 150 that is brilliant...I know I only bought one model from you for £ 20 but I feel happy I have help you a "wee" bit to donate so much 8)

Paul...£ 150 that is brilliant...I know I only bought one model from you for £ 20 but I feel happy I have help you a "wee" bit to donate so much 8)

Every bit helps Bill, a few folk have got a few bargains and it's help do a bit of good somewhere too :)

Thanks everyone for great feedback regarding our show today we are very grateful for everyones support and we made a grand total of £770.60 for Alzheimers Scotland.   It was great catching up with everyone and we are now looking forward to the Aberdeen show at beginning of May.   We have booked the hall for the same weekend next year hope you can all come.   Once again thanks from us all :)  ::)  :laugh:  ;)  :lol:  :D

I took a photo or two but I don't want to put too many up since I will be writing a show report for Model FARMER...any here are a few and their looks to be a lot of tractor diesel "reek" flying about from some "kint faces"......I do hope you English exhibitors ....Paul and Shaun can comprehend "fit I'm say in" :huh:  :unsure:  :wub: 

P1010296_zps53510789.jpg

P1010310_zps907d8f41.jpg

P1010311_zps5ea495e3.jpg

P1010312_zps1a1763a8.jpg

P1010313_zps3b22b5d2.jpg

And now we see Harold....at Kevin's tables.... looking as if he has has a pint or dram to many last night ;D  ;D ..he or his other half did win the litre bottle of Whyte & Mackay I donated to the Tombola stall but maybe Harold should stay clear or it tonight :huh:  :unsure:  :wub: 

P1010314_zps6e51953d.jpg

Aye i'll be there and would like to be able to donate again next year, and  Mum says you can book her in on 1 condition, that Kenny does a turn on the stage.... mums thinking "full Monty" ;)

Some times I worry about your mums thoughts? :of  ::)

Glad to hear the show was a success :)  :)

Sorry that I could not make it down this year, too many other things going on. Was down in St Andrews today where my son Stevie was playing in a rugby tournament. Missed going to G&M's vent at Perth to :

Hopefully I will manage to make it next year ;)

was a great day, plenty of people to have a talk to, an think my mate that doesnt collect models enjoyed himself too, he gave Pauls mums cake the thumbs up, as did i, was good meeting bill for the 1st time, really nice falla, an he was fairly getting the aberdeen show advertised which is good, thanks again to kenny an shirley for letting me display and for a brilliant day, roll on next year, hopefully same venue

Some times I worry about your mums thoughts? :of  ::)

Mum says you shouldn't worry about her thoughts.....as she thinking of what cake to bake to mark the occasion ;) ......  you should be worrying about what your going to wear and getting your performance right!! :laugh:  :laugh:

mum says during your performance she's hoping you'll "take your hat off" so she can have a whip round for your charity :laugh:  :laugh:

was a great day, plenty of people to have a talk to, an think my mate that doesnt collect models enjoyed himself too, he gave Pauls mums cake the thumbs up, as did i, was good meeting bill for the 1st time, really nice falla, an he was fairly getting the aberdeen show advertised which is good, thanks again to kenny an shirley for letting me display and for a brilliant day, roll on next year, hopefully same venue

Was good to catch up with you Mark, it'll soon be cake time again at Aberdeen ;) ....... though Brian did seem to twist your arm over that silver JD :laugh:  :laugh:

Was good to catch up with you Mark, it'll soon be cake time again at Aberdeen ;) ....... though Brian did seem to twist your arm over that silver JD :laugh:  :laugh:

twist his arm ????? all i said was have you got the limited silver deere and that was it reminds me of spalding repeated

think every model ive bought I had my arm twisted ha ha!, no that it takes much to change my mind ha ha!

twist his arm ????? all i said was have you got the limited silver deere and that was it reminds me of spalding repeated

Not physical arm twisting Brian..... just that verbal hint ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:  i  like your style.... if i have a stall next year maybe i should contract you as sales person ;)

Archived