Hey all!

Thunns

Hi all my names Tom I'm 23 and from Cambridgeshire.

Iv recently come back to collecting model tractors (1/32) again after learning about the tractor show/fair at spalding. I can't believe how much stuff and different makes there are now.

I collect Britains and Siku at the moment as they all link up together. But will go on to different makes when I learn more about them.

Iv also got some of my old Britains stuff up to 14+ years old! Stuff out the loft to give them a good clean and bring them back in to service.

I have I few questions that I hope I can get answered?

1. Is there a way of restoring sun faded plastics.

2. What's the best way to remove rear wheels on older Britain's.

3. And is there's anything you can do, to tighten up old worn model hydro rams that have got loose over time and no longer hold.

When I get the cleaning done I shall uploads some photos :)

Thanks all

Welcome and good morning, Tom. Glad you found FTF, THE premier farm model collecting website. You will get the answers to pretty much all or any question regarding farm toys and models here. As well as the helpful, there are the friendly and the humoured too, from right across the world.

Did you see the Model Farmer magazine at Spalding? It went from ezine to hardprint a few years ago and has taken off quicker than. Syrian airliner leaving Turkey! Excellent publication for our hobby.

Britains rear wheels twist and pull off if you twist the wheels in opposing directions.

Regards, Tris.

Welcome to the forum, Tom.

Tris answered your question on wheels and I can answer the one on sun faded plastic. I am afraid the damage is done and there is nothing you can do apart from paint it as the colour is in the plastic itself.

Someone else will have to answer the other question!

welcome to ftf tom, as tris said theres no where better :laugh: :laugh: , two questions down so the third to go, i asume your talking about the rams on the old jcb tele handler and the front loaders??? if so the telehandler i had when little recived a small pinch with a set of pliers onto the body of the ram, would work for a while, but the plastics soft so they go slack again quickly, may be as good to get a replacemnt ram or more for that , the front loader is a harder plastic, and not a tube, i used to put a small bit of folded card inside to thicken mine up , sometimes some paper arround the ram works to, just enough to grip the side again

Nice to get a warm welcome so quicky :)

Tris I tried that method the other day on a old spare chassis I had and let's just say it didn't go well haha! I guess you have to hold the axle from the unfixed wheel side and twist and turn the fixed side?

I guess that was going to be the case with the plastic lucky it only happened to one of the models soo nothing to major!

I got a few photos this morning of some models dotted around the house this morning. Mostly the newer ones at the moment.

post-3699-0-90230600-1350028874_thumb.jp

post-3699-0-78797300-1350028912_thumb.jp

And yet a bit dusty and dirty still to be cleaned

post-3699-0-24975400-1350029094_thumb.jp

One clean one!

post-3699-0-62237800-1350029833_thumb.jp

Thanks

Yeah there the ones tractorman810 iv got two rams on a old Joel (slightly smaller scale) JCB site master but the rams can no longer hold its bucket up, il try them methods and see how I get on. I was temped to coat the metal part with a sticky kinda gel to man it up abit but couldn't think off anything.

Where would you get replacement rams from??

The Renault had double wheels standard at the back, and then dad glued some extra on the front when I was younger so I had a bigger tractor!! And to be fair it's stood the test of time well!! Considering how much I used to play with them when I was a young lad!! :), But the ones on the back of the ford are just a normal set of wheels with some extra wheels with the centre bit of the rim took out and just blu tac'd on. So I could take them on or off!