The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much, I love the items I bought from you recently, they will look great when I eventually get the collection sorted properly on display, the early britains stuff is simple the best!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting to see these prototypes Charlie. Can I ask how do you get hold of such a thing, Ebay or the 'scene'? How do these models reach the market. Are they given away to Britains employees back in the day and they pass them on?

Morning Niels,

These came through the recent Pentland Livestock auction, as to how they come to be available I really don't know. I think your right in what you say though, handed to employees etc.

I'd like to find more but not easy to come by, I have a few prototype land rovers - pictures at the beginning of this topic.

These came from the Nils Fisher collection originally, how he (Nils Fischer) acquired them is any ones guess.

See here........ 

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewAuctionLots.aspx?AuctionId=375&DayNo=1&Section=5460&Sub=1

With regards the Herald box set, these were a standard issue set from 1965 to '66 as part no.7565. Not very common I should imagine 

Morning Niels,

These came through the recent Pentland Livestock auction, as to how they come to be available I really don't know. I think your right in what you say though, handed to employees etc.

I'd like to find more but not easy to come by, I have a few prototype land rovers - pictures at the beginning of this topic.

Hi Charlie, thank you, was just wondering! Nice to have such items in your collection. Probably near unique?

Hi Niels, yes I feel really lucky, and out of all the items in the collection the old Britains is my favourite, when I can I will put more pictures up of trade items and box sets etc.

• 1 month later...

JD 2850 - MFM

JD 359 baler - BOR

Meijer Holland - ?????? I won this on ebay a few years ago, I love it, I used one of these 30 years ago in school holidays and when I left school.

I really want to find the Meijer Holland we had too, it was a normal flat 8 but had Meijer Holland scissor arms to make the flat 8 go really high, it was mounted on a normal ford loader on a ford 4000.

I remember the scissor attachment Charlie, we had one on a old mf 135 and loader paired to a perry ? or browns? 6/8 stack  bale grab, gave us an extra 5 or 6 extra rows of bales on the stack before man handling them, no idea who made it mind, used to need a fair old counter weight on the back mind , i really must finish my cooks sledge, its built and half painted now, but I broke the rear gate latch and need to repair it   

I'm sure I took photos of the Ford 4000 with loader but cant seem to find them, I remember loading lorries in the field on land near Dungeness power station, Ransley straw lorries form Ashford, and we could stack as high as the lorry could take with the scissor lift loader, it was a ford loader and Meijer Holland scissors and flat 8. I loved it, I was 12 when I had my first season on it.

I e mailed Meijer Holland to see if they had any old pictures or details of the system, but alas no!

If anyone out there has any pictures or details I would love to see them.

Lovely to see my baler sandwiched between two good builds Charlie, very nicely compliments it. I haven't been brave enough to consider another scratch built baler yet after the JDs

Archived