What did you do for Halloween 31st October 2012

Looked good fun there Bill. We spent the night with all the family they all came round to our house as we had a party for my great uncle as it was his birthday well my grandads brother who im very close to hes the one in my Foyle View topic rolling grass in my MF3085.

Little jeffers. No injuries I hope?

I see you've gone all bare faced now so one must have got damn close, Alex?!! :ha ha!: ::):P

thankfully no injuries Tris, the woman on the other end of my 999 call asked "do you know what the person looks like?" and I said, "sorry, no- when they started shooting fireworks at me I started walking the other way!" I'm bare faced for the beginning of Movember, now trying my best to grow a moustache, not going well.

Looked good fun there Bill. We spent the night with all the family they all came round to our house as we had a party for my great uncle as it was his birthday well my grandads brother who im very close to hes the one in my Foyle View topic rolling grass in my MF3085.

There was a feel good factor in the office on Thursday and Friday. Robert. When I was in yesterday Moira the head of IT in Aberdeen was in briefly and she was saying she went to the bank on Friday and it was nearer £ 1,100. In addition the company were going to contribute another 10% ( hard times I'm sure they could have stretched to 100%) but hey ho the two cancer charities will get over £ 1,200 from Halliburton employees and company.

There was a feel good factor in the office on Thursday and Friday. Robert. When I was in yesterday Moira the head of IT in Aberdeen was in briefly and she was saying she went to the bank on Friday and it was nearer £ 1,100. In addition the company were going to contribute another 10% ( hard times I'm sure they could have stretched to 100%) but hey ho the two cancer charities will get over £ 1,200 from Halliburton employees and company.

Thats good Bill the money went to a good home :) I work for a Peugeot dealership as a Sales Excutive and Peugeot have said to us that all Peugeot dealerships have to raise £1,000 for Children in Need so we have been doing a bag pack at our local Tesco and with a few things we have been doing in the showroom we have £872.38 so not far to go to get to that £1,000 mark our manager want to rase more that the £1,000 so its all go with us.

Thats good Bill the money went to a good home :) I work for a Peugeot dealership as a Sales Excutive and Peugeot have said to us that all Peugeot dealerships have to raise £1,000 for Children in Need so we have been doing a bag pack at our local Tesco and with a few things we have been doing in the showroom we have £872.38 so not far to go to get to that £1,000 mark our manager want to rase more that the £1,000 so its all go with us.

Yes we were all rather saddened at the loss of Wendy from the office earlier this year...she had fought the illness for two years and always could raise a smile despite what she was going through....26 is way to young to die but at least we have done our bit for her two charities and I'm sure her mum and sister will be happy as well.

Well done on you and your garage efforts....it all about teamwork Robert and well you are not far away from your target 8)

But Niels is correct in as much as Trick or Treat is an import from the US of A. Halloween traditionally in the UK was for a party INDOORS doing things like bobbing for apples or finding the initials of your future partner (by peeling the apple you had successfully "bobbed" for in one long length and then throwing it over your shoulder. The resulting tangle was supposed to represent the inital(s) of your beloved; or not as the case may be. Also the time for ghost stories,

Certainly Halloween or to give it the correct title All Hallows Eve was definitely NOT a night to be out and about as that was one of the nights when Herne the Hunter was out a'hunting with the Hounds of Annwn (celtic underworld) and later on was the night when ghoulies, ghosties and long-leggety beasties were abroad hence ghost stories..

Yes Sue I remember "dooking" for apples as a kid and I remember a friends daughter (now 23) saying she was "dooking" for apples at school but when she bent down....... she let off some rear end wind....we were in stitches when she related this story and I still remind her about it to this day ;D ;D

Yes Sue I remember "dooking" for apples as a kid and I remember a friends daughter (now 23) saying she was "dooking" for apples at school but when she bent down....... she let off some rear end wind....we were in stitches when she related this story and I still remind her about it to this day ;D ;D

Trust you to remember. I feel for the young lady. Trying to grab an apple with your teeth when it is floating around in a bucket of water was nigh impossible unless you had a large mouth or a small apple! Probably would not be permitted now for "health reasons"