Plasticard,

jack_c

Question

I am planning on doing a detailed trailer for my own layout of a local trailer manufacturer but I'm stuck on the front panel,

I have looked for a while but can find a material with a large enough spacing between the indents

Anyone any ideas?

trailerfront.png

Thinking this only 7mm or so?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Slaters-embossed-Plastikard-No-0434-1-72-Planking-/380449231000?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58948a9098

Thanks in advance

13 answers to this question

easiest way would be a 1mm sheet, cut into the flat sections, then find a 90 degree angle you can fix along between them to give the inner and outer shape, sort of like this but all glued up to form the part ---- ^ ------ ^ ----- at a guess a 1mm sheet would need a 2 or 3mm L angle to give the definition you want, was going to try it sometime for a planned trailer but not got round to it yet

Have thought of that idea Sean,

It can definately be bought as a sheet but I just don't know where,

If not I'll prob use that idea or a piece of hollylovestoys white corrugate but just don't think it would be right,

Edited by jack_c