Early 1960's Nuffield Model!

EEE when I were a Lad! I was given a brand new model Nuffield tractor. I don't know who made it but it was a very well made model in what I would think was probably about 1/25th scale. it wasn't as big as the UH 1/16th models. It was a very well detailed model and if I remember rightly; it even had the Dunlop Fieldmaster name cast into the tyres. However good it was, I didn't play with it that much because it was a lot bigger than all the other models I had. Most of my collection was 1/32 Britains.

Sadly my younger brother inherited most of my models I had as a child; and although he didn't look after them as well as I did; some survived in their original boxes and have in the last few years been given back to me. The Nuffield disappeared without trace.

I've looked on E Bay for one of these, without any success. Does anyone have one of these, or would you have either pictures of one, or know who made it?

Thanks for reading this post!

My late Father had one of these as well, I believe its at my Mum's house somewhere having been part restored by him a few years before he died. From your description it sounds like its the same model in which case it was made by Denzil Skinner, I don't have any pictures at present though but have found a link with a picture.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=436346&Section=6082&Start=180

is it metal or plastic ? , i have a plastic nuffield about that size in a box ,i think it was made by lipkin

Steve ...I too had one like ...Raphael Lipkin I think .... which was like my real DM4...and when I moved out 25 years ago it must have got binned...since it had a broken rear wheel and no box....but hey ho you cannot turn the clock back and we all must move on ;D ;D

Thanks for the replies. The tractor was die cast metal. I don't remember it having the features of the Denzil Skinner one. The reason being that I don't remember it having the DM4 type rear hubs or the nuts on the front wheels. I'm not that well up on Nuffields as i was brought up on a Fordson and Massey farm; but I seem to think it had the conventional type rear hubs. Would these have been in production in the early sixties? I wish I'd paid more attention to it!

I've just looked up a Vectis picture of the Pippin Toys Raphael Lipkin model of the Nuffield and it was definitely one of those. I remember the "Power Major" type wheel rims and the conventional hub arrangement on the rear hubs.

I've just looked up a Vectis picture of the Pippin Toys Raphael Lipkin model of the Nuffield and it was definitely one of those. I remember the "Power Major" type wheel rims and the conventional hub arrangement on the rear hubs.

1583_l.jpg

is it metal or plastic ? , i have a plastic nuffield about that size in a box ,i think it was made by lipkin

I was fairly confident that my Nuffield was a die cast metal one. Do you have any pictures of yours. If it is a Lipkin one then I'd be interested in some "All round" pictures. Many thanks!

• 8 years later...