some of our self-builds

schw84

first is a drill made by my uncle to pull at high speed, it has tine, an old farmhand behind, then a rubber roller to run on behind the drill, works suprisingly well!!

second is a pig trailer built because moving pigs in a cattle trailer behind the truck too too long, you can get over 60 40kg pigs on this trailer

next is the 24m self built sprayer, landquip is only 2 miles down the road so we did have a littel help!! the top tilth was made many years ago now its almost an identical copy of the simba design the neighbour had, but hay y pay full whack when you can build it yourself

finally for the moment we have this machine, it is the only one of its kind its a 6m folding roller, tines tines more and then another set of crumbler rollers, there are crumblers inbetween the front rollers too, it works quite well at speed, prob is you need 150+ horse and its better on tracs to pull it, so we have a TM 155 on steel tracks which we also use to mole with to pull it

I take my hat off to you, I've built some of my own machines for our business in the past and achieved great self satisfaction from it. The main two I've done were a vacuum tanker mounted on a 7.5 tonne lorry and a vacuum loader (large vacuum cleaner)

oh in the picture with the sprayer if you look in the right hand side behind the combine, you can see a green drill, when Dowdeswell closed @harleston, we went in and brought up most of their misc stock that drill was the 4m prototype air drill, only one of its kind, and it works amazingly, would hve probably been a good seller for them if they hadnt had gone bust, we got numerous developement stuff inc a squarebale wrapper on a sledge was tractor driven and the quare bale went in and it wrapped it all proto stuff, but it worked well, alas we had no use for some of the items so they got used on other things. but inventing is the way forward, my uncle is currently about to make something else like a giant press kind of thing double intersected rolls etc.

Bloody hell you guys have got some talent. There is a hell of alot of engineering and weld in amongst all that. Proper British looking stuff too like Knight and Simba aswell. Got to be the best way to go if you have the knowhow and the time, purpose built just fro your soild. Excellent stuff, you'll have to get some in work photo's throughout the year for us all. :)

The trailer was easy you just buy a buck from a scrap lorry dealer, some wheels, alloy plate for the bottom, and bobs ur uncle u have a trailer. we use a little MF35 to pull it anything bigger and you cant get it round the yard, we can pull it with the teleporter round the yard, but that sits too high and the back of the trailer scrapes the floor

oh the trailers to move the pigs from the yard which is where they are grown up to bout 40kg to the finishing shed (soon to be sheds) its about 600m and so not exactly fun trying to run them, any building work we do now is going away from the house as my old boy doesnt wanna be living with all the animals he has to put up ith me and my bro let alone thousands of pigs hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

the 155 is the later version of the 135 they uprated the pump etc and made it a 155 the box on the front it the air cleaner because of the upration there is only 1 pic of the 135 (which we repainted because it was battered they dont do much work now) the spreader is on a zetor 7711 which we use to tow the sprayer etc as it has high clearance on the drawbar unlike all other smalltractors ( want to get rid of it but because of this reason they dont)