Blue....What Blue

Brewingale

Question

7 answers to this question

Can anyone help me please. what is the exact Blue to match the Blue on th Universal Hobbies Ford 5000SM and the 5000. Is it your bog standard Ford blue that is available from a Ford dealer or if not what blue is it.

I tried genuine Ford tractor Blue from our local NH dealers when i did my 1/16th Doe convo's earlier this year, It was close but not a perfect match as those that saw my Doe's at Lanark / Toytrac and Penrith will be able to testify,

But when i chopped my 5000 to build the 1/16th 4000 i played about with a pot of humbrol and got a closer match after a bit of mixing and didn't look too bad even in bright sunlight.

by pure accident i found that halfords rover  tahiti blue, on white primer is a near on good match for the uh blue, only down to a pic i took and then looking mind, use grey and it goes to dark, could be worth a investment in a touch up pen first to check, then buy a proper tin from there if it works