1/16th Super Major on wide wheels

A UH 1/16th Fordson new performance super major fitted with the bigger wheels and tyres off a redundant Ford 7000, rear wheels need to be re worked as 8 stud at minute and want reducing down to 6. Bonnet and tinwork left over from Valley timber services Super 4 was added to create the blue and orange Super major version as UH only offer the Super major in County, tricycle and limited edition Doe versions.

UH offered an American spec Super major finished in white on these wheels, and called it a 5000 major, but thought i'd do something that was a bit more common to us. 

Hope you like :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Thanks Erik, glad you like my version,

No winch as yet David but built one for one of my other Majors so don't think it be too bad to build another.............. I might still do a Blue & Grey New performance version on the big wheels as i have the tin work that i took off this, another set of wheels and tyres and there's still a few redundant chassis laying around from the Doe projects so will see what happens!! 

Looking very chunky Paul! Have you considered putting a 6 cylinder engine in it? As my friends Uncle has one with 6 pots in it and it looks mighty fine with chunkier wheels! ;D

Cheers Will, glad you like :laugh:  :laugh:

I still fancy doing a blue and grey version but that shouldn't take too long ;) I built a 6 potter when the power major first came out, but wasn't happy with it so knocked it in bits, i'd have a go at another 6 cylinder but would have to be on the bigger boots as the other one didn't look right on the little wheels.............

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Just out of curiosity........ where did you get the Kidd Rotoflail from? Is it your scratch build or a Classic Combines model. (Flattering comment!)

The tractor looks great with those wheels. Shame there isn't more in budget priced equipment to go with the 1/16th scale tractors. Some of it would be relatively easy to make ourselves if only we had the time. Time is a problem for me, although I did build a scale model of the Weeks 3 ton trailer out of cardboard as an experiment to see what it would look like on the tractor. The end result looked ok, but the big problem was where I could get suitable wheels from. That was as far as it got.

I wish I'd started doing this years ago, like everything else. I need a second life.............. so many interests and so little time! :-

Just out of curiosity........ where did you get the Kidd Rotoflail from? Is it your scratch build or a Classic Combines model. (Flattering comment!)

The tractor looks great with those wheels. Shame there isn't more in budget priced equipment to go with the 1/16th scale tractors. Some of it would be relatively easy to make ourselves if only we had the time. Time is a problem for me, although I did build a scale model of the Weeks 3 ton trailer out of cardboard as an experiment to see what it would look like on the tractor. The end result looked ok, but the big problem was where I could get suitable wheels from. That was as far as it got.

I wish I'd started doing this years ago, like everything else. I need a second life.............. so many interests and so little time! :-

Thanks William........  You guessed right about the rotoflail, it's one of Classic Combines :)  There not enough in the way of 1/16th classic british implements apart from the ones that Andy makes, so i became a good customer of his and now have a few of his hand built masterpieces in my collection.

( i must make time take some photo's and post them up in the collections forum)

I have played about with the odd implement out of plastruct and plasticard, but never got on to do a really big build, just seem to enjoy building the  tractors that UH didn't release out of their production items.

Thanks for the comment and i'm glad you like :)

Might have to have a bit of use down on the farm John before them rough timber lads get their hands on it :laugh: ................... could always give it buckraking duties................... but would have to build a buckrake first!! :laugh:  :laugh:

And fit a foot throttle as well.Paul.... I remember buck raking silage with a similar major in the early 80's...it was so much easier with the home made foot throttle.

• Like 1

And fit a foot throttle as well.Paul.... I remember buck raking silage with a similar major in the early 80's...it was so much easier with the home made foot throttle.

Will have to do that Bill, thats a great idea :laugh:  :laugh: .......... At least there a bit of time before Silage Season to get the buckrake built! ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Tell you Paul it was a great home made device since it left your right hand free to only use the gearstick and the lift control lever so it made things a lot easier with all the constant gear changing 8) ...gosh I wish I had photos of back then :angry:

happy memories that will never be forgotten Bill :)

Oh yes Paul ...the chat was good and like wise the lunch and tea and a can of beer at the end of the night was in order and a £10 note in ones hand 8)

• Like 1

Back in the good old days Bill.......... how times change!! :)  what would take a week and half now takes a day and a half............... and seems to have lost the feeling of the occasion! ;)

I'd best get a start on a buckrake!!!!!

Edited by Valley Axe Man

The good old days Paul in the late 70's early 80's.... I could earn £ 8 a day picking tatties or on the forklift. moving boxes £ 9.....then silage time or tattie dressing time it was £ 10 a day...then for the Summers of 1979 to 1981 I was a relief milkman and that netted around £ 100 per week which without tax (being a student) equated to around £ 16 to £ 17  a day.....all good fun and hard work and has learned me to work hard and be able to afford the pleasures in life....mind you after doing a 4.15 am to 17.45 pm stint at work  on Friday with only a 30 minute lunch break well lets say I was well tired...but I always work to achieve any deadlines however long it takes ;D  ;D