43rd Bon Accord Steam Engine Club Steam Fair at Castle Fraser Aberdeenshire on 15 / 16th June 2013

BC

The steam fair is on at Castle Fraser near Kemnay in Aberdeenshire on the weekend of the 15th and 16th June 2013. It is the largest steam fasir in Scotland and also has a lareg turnout of tractor's, commercials, cars and bikes and engines. My entry form has been posted and I will be taking along my 1951 Farmall Cub.

http://www.bonaccordsteamclub.co.uk/

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photo's from a forenoon visit and then an afternoon visit...photo's as they come and no narrative so if you need more please ask or for ever hold yer moo  ;D  ;D

P1030826_zps1c3b449e.jpg

P1030827_zps86ae2186.jpg

P1030828_zpsb22a4e70.jpg

P1030829_zpsf883b465.jpg

P1030830_zpsf870e83d.jpg

More steamers to follow today and tomorrow and may be even Monday James. I suppose Vic's are in his original livery and Mikes are in Showman's livery ;D  ;D ..each to ones own as they say.

Some more from yesterday's two visits to the show ground as the exhibitors were arriving and unloading.

P1030841_zps7ceff935.jpg

P1030842_zpsef220b9a.jpg

P1030843_zpsbd6c07c6.jpg

The afternoon visit and this T cab had just arrived from Newcastle.

P1030844_zpsc2cbdfa1.jpg

P1030845_zpsea933890.jpg

Already looking like a good range of exhibits, Bill. Hope the weather holds for you and you get a good weekend ;)

Loving the demo of Landy power on the straight bar to the roller....... That sort of thing got Fred Dibnah's style written all over it :)  Good to see :laugh:  :laugh:

Well its raining just now but its supposed to clear up later Paul. The V8 landy managed to pull it off the loader but could only stand and burn rubber in the grass when it tried to pull it to the show ground ;D  ;D

I'm going tractor less today so I have more time for photos.

Bill  that scania  t cab looks familiar, sure they are from Northumberland . seen it at our local steam  rally at corbridge .

as well as steamers they had a big collection of john deeres from the 60s such as the mighty 4020 n the  5020

hope it dries up Bill n keep those pics coming , hopefully plenty of internationals n BIG fords 8) 

Its all down to traction at the end of the day Bill.... no good having a good few horses if they can't get a good footing on the ground. :laugh:  :laugh:  It raining down here with us too bud.

Looking forward to seeing a few more pics ;)  :)

Well I did say to Hamish Barrack who was driving his brother Georges Landy ...better to have tried and failed than not tried at all ;D  ;D

I had wellingtons and waterproofs on until around 10 am then it cleared and I was able to get shot of them and it turned into a lovely day. I was there from 7am until around 3.30 pm after going round with Stuart and Lewis in the Peterbilt...the first time I have actually had a run in it.

Around 120 photos presently loading so maybe later on today or early tomorrow morning before day 3 at the show Paul.

Bill  that scania  t cab looks familiar, sure they are from Northumberland . seen it at our local steam  rally at corbridge .

as well as steamers they had a big collection of john deeres from the 60s such as the mighty 4020 n the  5020

hope it dries up Bill n keep those pics coming , hopefully plenty of internationals n BIG fords 8) 

David...the name on the black T cab was N Charlton & Sons and yesterday he said he had come from Newcastle. Yesterday he was asking me where a chap called Gordon Riddell stayed from the show  ground since he had an ex John Toulson of Teesdale 420 red spot T cab for sale that was incomplete. I said I had photos of that one and would try and burn them to a disc for him since i saw it there years ago when I went down with a driver to collect my friend Stuarts first T cab. Today he said he was going to see the T cab at Riddell's and he said they were farmers and contractors and ran two tracked Claas Lexion combines and also tracked John Deere tractors.

Right enough he did have a John Deere tee shirt on so I must try and catch him tomorrow and have a chat about his classic John Deeres.

Here is the said T cab he is away to look at ...he said he would like one but put a V8 into it.

89cd0e7e_zpsa03b2d5a.jpg

80494777_zps35cffa39.jpg

e7037e36_zps1d4456c7.jpg

cae61a3a_zps03646034.jpg

And David here is the one we went down and back for on Saturday between Christmas and New Year quite a few years ago

The before

f401ac21_zps18c14136.jpg

896622ee_zps5b8c1837.jpg

And after 

P1010109_zpsc595b5fb.jpg

P1010110_zps22ae9117.jpg

that's one smart looking outfit Bill , aye Nick Charlton farms just north of Newcastle .He also showed a jd combine from the 60s of which was next to a very modern jd combine . the difference is size was incredible ,

Yes right enough David I did hear Sam Barrack the chairman thanking Nick for coming since although he he been up to the rally before it was at Tam Reid's at Culllerlie and not the Castle Fraser venue. He was a very pleasant and chatty person but then again  folk fae Newcastle are just Scotsmen with their brains bashed in ;D  ;D ..whey aye man

I will try and speak with Nick again tomorrow

Archived