First Time Farmers

CMB

Second episode of this series on young farmers was shown today (8pm channel 4). Anyone else following this?

Pleased to hear George Forbes, 24, a sheep farmer near Cheltenham, was also a keen carpet farmer when he was younger and opened an old trunk full of Britains and Siku toys! One was an old Britains TM 165, which he drives for real.

• Like 2

She was having a right go at him when he was sending the sheep to market, poor chap  :- 

Paid off though didn't it?  ;D

On a side note I've just discovered George's uncle (who was once part of his Dad's farming partnership) is a friend of a friend  :lol:

I liked it especially young Floss bless her she works damn hard juggling school and the farm, I shall watch next weeks for sure missed the first one.

Feel sorry for the young lad that moved into the caravan only for the farm to sell up I know whats that's like only to well poor lad.

i have seen the first two episodes, and have to say i really liked them. i felt really sorry for the dairy lad who saw the herd sold, a sign of the times with no family wanting to take over the buisiness and is happening all over the country. i thought the young man had a great work ethic, and hope he can somehow talk the council into letting him keep the council tenancy on his dads farm. the lad that rolled in at lunch time after a night out during lambing needs to get his priorities in order i think. if you put the tups in with the ewes, the least you can do is be there at birthing time. he will learn though i suppose. it just goes to show that you dont have to be the brain of britain to get on if you are willing to work hard. the lad needs his mum as much as she needs him i think while he gets to grips with the buisiness as he tries to overcome the hurdles of having dislexia. fair play to him, he is having a go and getting on well. as for flossy, i am not so sure, we will have to wait and see. i must admit, i woudnt be able to have a good looking blonde 17-18 year old in the lambing shed in school uniform- i think all the lads reading this will know where i am coming from!!

• Like 2