One of these please Sean and I'll tell everyone what a great bloke you are

Lord Ferguson

Guest Fendt pwr

If you had a few pigs in your yard they would eat all the left over veg and save you having to buy a trailer.

Do you buy tattie's etc direct from the farmer??

Guest Fendt pwr

They sound like good prices,much beter than here.Veg buyers here have this funny little habit of offering you a less $$ than it took to grow the crop then they wonder why there packhouse's have no work.

Guest Fendt pwr

You ever get veg crop from over seas?

Most crop/sheep prices are in a bad way here,it's very sad to see family farms 4 sale because they can't go on with growing tatties to only brake even,same with the sheep.

A few carrots from Italy and then France... and that's about it really - we use the markets for most imported root veg (snips, swede) - we NEVER buy imported tatties - I cold store my Romano to see me through the gaps - we sometimes stay on olds until September  :o

Not a fan of the early varieties really - they don't cook or last too long  ::)

We do import a lot of Dutch salad stuff mind you  ;)

Had the new trailer installed today under my waste management system - it sits under a thing called a wedgewire screen (on the tower above it) - trailer has been fitted with a filter and a drain valve in one corner  ;)To the left in the pic is Pammy the peeler and Ellie the elevator

The water off the peeler is fast moving and heavily laden with starch particles from the spuds (and mud when we are peeling dirty's) - we use it as a sediment tank really to slow down the flow (kind of a balencing lake as well at times) - when you stop it moving the starch drops out - the wedgewire screen only takes out solids bigger than 1.5mm - it's now just about full up with solid starch as well and needs emptying - only problem is it sets like concrete - so it's a back off job and rake it out - yuck - I'll make sure I'm in a meeting that day  :D :D :D

cut a spare body yesterday when i got home,,before my incident with nextdoor,will see how i get on with a chassi next

Blimey you don't hang around Sean!! Marky will be a happy bunny when he see's this progressing.

As will I. ... and MJB. ... and Powerstar. .. .and FB. .... and NH2. .... .and Sparrow. ..... and Doc . .... .

You get the idea!!!