building tips for the fordson standard N.

chris.watson

i have just completed the build on this tractor, and if i am honest, i did struggle a bit understanding the instructions. so i have taken a few pics so anyone building one can get some idea where everything goes. these pics are to be used in conjuction with the scaledown instructions and are not a replacement for them.DSC01924_zpsbee5cebd.jpgDSC01925_zpsa095ed7f.jpgDSC01927_zps6af05054.jpgDSC01928_zps509879d0.jpg

painting the FORDSON letters on the side name plates is very hard and needs a steady hand. if you want waterslide decals which are fitted on the E27N models, which will also look good on this model , ask Nigel ford at scaledown when you buy the kit and he will help you out i am sure. the only other advice i can offer is to let the paint dry thoroughly before you do the final assembly. this shade of blue for some reason takes a little longer to set dry than othe scaledown enamels. DONT RUSH THE BUILD. take your time. i hope this topic helps someone in the future.

regds, chris.

Nice pics, Chris and very useful. Must admit I found getting the radiator to bonnet correct was trickiest part.

thanks john. it was the radiator and bonnet that took me a while to work out. especially the rear backplate with the branches with the little 'arrows on' which glue to the mudguards.

those pictures are a lot better then the description/drawings in my opinion, maybe scaledown should offer PDF files with pictures for the guide..

nice build!

thankyou wil. i am going to do a few more topic posts in future when i build a scaledown. i find that looking at pictures is easier than reading written instructions sometimes. these models are really top notch kits and the quality of the parts is very good.

Archived