haybob

bay

was out a walk today an found this old haybob lying in the woods, anyone know what make it would be once apon a time

I'd guess at a Pz or a vicon, red paint on it but I'm sure someone will know for sure?

Must be in a remote location to say it hasn't been "recycled" by the nomadic metal agents that grace this fair isle

it looks like a genuine pz early haybob, narrow wheels n the 2 top link posistion holes are a give away. spent many a summer using one of these in me youth

true about the metal fairies not taking it , it must be off the beating track for it to be still lying about

thanks folks, I neva got a good look at it, but will be back out at it this week to have a good look, an get some measurements, its tucked down behind an old flour mill at a farm just outside my village

Yes, both genuine Peter Zweegers Haybobs, the latter with bracing plate at bottom where the main frame joins the cross beam, they all broke there eventually, but the best of all tedders for teasing out inconsistent swaths and giving an even spread.Lely Haymax, NH253, Fahr Appollo & Vicon (circular skids rather than wheels) all quite different in design.

Piet Zweegers not Peter Zweegers ;) . The company P.J Zweegers was formed in 1937. In 1957 the Haybob (or Strela as it is known in Holland) was invented and which caused for a major leap into hay making equipment. In 1964 the cyclo mower was invented (with two revolving drums) which was another massive success. This was done together with Fahr and Kuhn by the way.

Archived