Before I turned in on Sunday evening I opened the curtains and had a look out of the blinds to see what the weather was like to see this.

P1020138_zps58d1abe9.jpg

P1020139_zps3e823b68.jpg

IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn69/EY7427/Back%20Garden%20Dmk/P1020140_zpsf9a3534d.jpg

P1020141_zpse06030ea.jpg

Well I saw it in the dark from the other side and didn't realise the foundation was out as well. I went out and was in such a rage I tried to lift it...silly move and pulled back muscle or muscles in the process. Who would want to do that and why I thought. Anyway yesterday me and my next door neighbour Moira decided to try and upright it with the aid of a tractor. That did not work too well so I had to detach the foundation, We were able to put the wishing well and move round it back on a Costco "low loader" type of trolley. I then hauled the foundation round the back with the tractor.

P1020173_zps024234e4.jpg

Fortunately my neighbour opposite got the car registration and make of car and the house he was at. Turned out it wasn't 28 the Crescent but 30 the Avenue and I now know which Curry Take Away in Peterculter driver & curry shop did this and the matter is now in the hands of the "Old Bill" ;D  ;D

In some ways I'm glad it was not malicious but this chap ..well...(idiot) should not be on the road

P1020174_zpsdae2acec.jpg

P1020175_zpsecad922c.jpg

P1020176_zps24da259d.jpg

P1020177_zpsb297ec54.jpg

P1020178_zps9432a4a0.jpg

Barry...I used to like an Indian meal but well now I'm on a weight loss kick I'm off them ...in addition my job will be done in Dubai by Indian's in less than a year and then I will become a cowboy......Woe Trigger ;D  ;D

Well  Chris at least once repaired and a new foundation made it will be back in place again. The police women asked me what the cost of the damage would be and well I said it was made by a late uncle of mine who was a master joiner and well I have no joinery skills...I'm a "bean counter" so I said it could maybe cost £100 to £ 200 to repair and replace the foundation  she said we will say £ 500. ;D  ;D ....mind you I wonder if I will get any compensation from the said ex Culter Chip Shop on the hill at Brighton Place :unsure:

Well done with the detective work Bill and luckily it looks like there wasn't too much damage to the well itself? Wasn't sure whether it was ornamental or not but now I know for sure!  ;)

WELL i would not believe that criminal damage occured were you live.  I think that the driver was after a tip after droping your takeaway off and you probably didnt give him one so he knocked your WELL  down looking for money at the bottom.OH WELL it should be an easy fix. :) Hope your back is ok.

only pulling your leg bill,but scotland is a bit far for me to travel,or i would have done it for you

I'll supply the stain and the beers Paul...you could tie it in with the Aberdeen show on May Day holiday weekend :huh:

WELL i would not believe that criminal damage occured were you live.  I think that the driver was after a tip after droping your takeaway off and you probably didnt give him one so he knocked your WELL  down looking for money at the bottom.OH WELL it should be an easy fix. :) Hope your back is ok.

Back to work today Shaun and still rattling with pills but at least its getting better 8)

There's some Muppets about Bill, but at least the damage is repairable and it's not ended up a write-off. ;)  Another outside job for you this summer ;)

Yes another to add to my ever growing jobs to do list Paul.

Ah Bill he must of had his eyes painted on hate when people do things like that I watch a man back into someones car 3 times in Tesco car park last week

I really do not know what to make of him Robert...all my neighbour said you could see he was a shocking driver.

Or got his driving licence out of a cornflake packet!!!

The question I need to ask the police is if he has a driving license or not James :huh: 

I have started to make some repairs...

Aquarium silicone from another repair project seemed the easiest option.

P1020218_zps14e9d934.jpg

Yet ti decide what I will use here

P1020219_zps3f3bd3ff.jpg

P1020220_zps7115cf46.jpg

A 56 er to save it being blown over.. :huh: 

P1020221_zps1ace3cb4.jpg

Some damage was done when moving

P1020222_zps8fcf4eae.jpg

P1020223_zps11c8f326.jpg

The salvaged pieces

P1020224_zpsfe4d32e6.jpg

All patched up with aquarium silicone 

P1020225_zpsb33f6675.jpg

This broke but I think I can even copy and make a replacement..my view is if you have a pattern you can make anything ;D  ;D

P1020226_zps62843f72.jpg

Some preventive maintenance...I don't want these clamps to get rusty ;D  ;D

P1020228_zpsce61d0da.jpg

The police visited me and the neighbours last night and took statements. One of the officers showed me a photo of the damage to the car of the Indian driver. They visited his house but got no response I wonder why :unsure: me thinks If they don't get a response they need to send the drugs squad with a battering pole and knock in his door...well either he was high on drink or drugs or just a very very bad driver :unsure: 

I got a call from the police officer dealing with the case and the said Indian who speaks in broken English has been charged by them. He is currently unemployed so I assume he was moonlighting for the curry house as a delivery man. I now have his name and address and mobile number and the officer said the chap was willing to pay me for the damage. The problem is this wishing well is a once off ( well a late uncle made it for me after he made one for himself) so I don't know how much it will cost to repair. I have used a tube of clear silicone already and will probably need  sand,cement and crate to fix the base plus the time element to repair the broken wooden parts and stabilise the well agin.

• 1 year later...

WELL I really have been busy over the last year and I have not had time to get this "well" fixed..anyway it has been inside my garage for the last year and I had to move it to get my trailing plough out for B A Stores working weekend end last weekend. Anyway I called my uncle Jim a couple of days ago and he said he was free to help me today. Jim is 82 past and a master joiner to trade before other jobs and was always my favourite uncle..in fact he is like a second dad to me 8) ...I did the drilling and metal work and cutting and grinding and he did the woodwork...which was part of a spare door lining my late date made for my No 4 tractor shed.

P1100506_zps19ae36b9.jpg

P1100507_zps6761359c.jpg

Advice from uncle Jim...I need to pilot drill these lining's before I nail with brad's otherwise I will split the linings....good advice since give me a hammer and nail and I just chap ;D  ;D 

P1100508_zps259d1cc5.jpg

P1100509_zps66052d18.jpg

Archived