Chipping Steam Fair 25th-27th May 2013

Valley Axe Man

Some nice looking Britain's Paul but there is something missing....where is the tractor cake?

Thanks Bill, that's Mum's small collection.... she isn't a hardend collector.... she only buys if she likes the look or price of a model, but usually gets a couple or 3 new bits a year........ Ahhhh well there wasn't a tractor cake this time...... mum instead made chocolate flapjack :) , a treacle loaf cake :)  :)  and DM434's favourite, a sticky toffee cake (but with toffee sauce icing this time) :)  :)  :) yum yum yum.  

Oh yes that sticky toffee one at Gretna was lovely Paul. Shame I won't make Gretna in 2014 but Pete Small has booked me to come and take photos at their vintage ploughing match. Having said that there is always a chance a match can be cancelled due to weather so never say never for me bing at Gretna in 2014.

Hot off the email are a couple more Pics of Johns (JMD's) display ;) .... John cunningly swapped tractors over night... so the display kept the same theme but the overall picture changed on the 2nd day :)

012_zps050b1738.jpg

013_zps258c90b1.jpg

Thanks to Joanne for coming to the rescue with these pics :)

Oh yes that sticky toffee one at Gretna was lovely Paul. Shame I won't make Gretna in 2014 but Pete Small has booked me to come and take photos at their vintage ploughing match. Having said that there is always a chance a match can be cancelled due to weather so never say never for me bing at Gretna in 2014.

Aye never say never Bill..... besides there still Lanark and Penrith to get in yet before worrying about 2014!! ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

I will be at Lanark for sure Paul but Penrith is a maybe since well I'm planning the bi annual Orkney show mid September and taking a couple of days up there before and after.There will always be another year for Penrith if I don't make it this year.

I will be at Lanark for sure Paul but Penrith is a maybe since well I'm planning the bi annual Orkney show mid September and taking a couple of days up there before and after.There will always be another year for Penrith if I don't make it this year.

Mmmmm i'd best let Mum know Bill.... then she can plan for the baking ;)  :laugh:

I'm looking forward to Lanark Paul since Its the last rally type of show of the year for me and has got a bit of everything for me...tractors, lorries and models. I have been to each show since the first one in 2005 according to my spreadsheet on Britain's purchases. And well yourums baking will be the icing on the cake ;D  ;D

• 2 months later...

Thanks David, :)  Chipping steam fair isn't the largest of rallys but always seems to attract a good few exhibits with a handful of slightly different tractors. The grey bonneted 6/4 belongs to David Kerrigan, a local-ish collector from near Preston.

The Meccanno  Forward control county is definatley something different, you'd have seen it's creator Mark Rolston at the memorial show we had with some of his other impressive builds.

Glad you liked the photo highlights... but still a long way to go to have your camera skills ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

Archived