a walk along the beach

MJB1

i'm not really a seaside person ,but i met the wife from work with the two boys & went off down to lyme regis for a stroll along the beach , but it looks like the sand castle compition has moved up a gear since i was a youngster  :D :D :D

Seems to be a common sight wherever you go these days, They just spent 2 years and god knows how many million ? doing Scarbrough and the road is still subsiding they recon!!

the salt water has them wrecked, they were doing a job down on a pier not far from my house last year, they had mostly cats one with a long dipper, the dipper was covered in rust from half way down, as well a sthat they had a fairly new cat 320 that got stranded out in the tide one day, water came up as far as the under carage. she was gone within about two weeks because they reckoned she was going to be wrecked with rust after it which she probably would have been

Big boys toys.  Become a civil engineer and you can play with them too.  Marcus, what did you use to take the pics?

a camera  ???:D :D :D

it's an olympus camedia, c-160 bought for ?100 two xmas' ago  :)

Seems to be a common sight wherever you go these days, They just spent 2 years and god knows how many million £ doing Scarbrough and the road is still subsiding they recon!!

they have just spent a fortune replacing a section of road down here at slapton due to errosion from the sea,and they can't say it will work,gets washed away every year if the wind and tides are right,runs down a 100m wide strip of shingle/sand for 3 miles,only link along that way to,otherwise a 50 min drive round the only other route

Nice photos Marcus, something a bit different to look at. Fair bit of kit and work going on down there. If it isn't a sand castle competition, with all those diggers it could be a great big swingers orgy!!! Do you reckon they chuck their keys in a pot?!!

Have you seen the work going on on the embankments near Somerton?  3x Hitachi, 1 Kobelco, all 20t, 1 Kobelco 35t with extraaaaaa long reach dipper, tracked Marooka dumpers, JCB artic dumpers, crushers, screeners.. .... anda skid steer on road brushing.

i havn't been through somerton for years now mate, well not in daylight anyway !

but the gardens above the beach is full of diggers as well,so much so theres no gardens left at the moment so this is a really big revamp going on, it must be costing  a good few million ?  :)

• 2 weeks later...