Classic Tractor September 2013

My copy arrived yesterday. I have only really flicked through so far but the article on the Clash of the Titan's and the Scottish County Club's silage making weekend look good. I was at that silage event both days and the buzz and the weather was brilliant. I do hope they manage to make this an annual event. Oh and the Leyland "Doe" looks interesting as well as does the Claas Competition combine search.

Brilliant read , must have missed robin truss previous column in farm view. Don't remember seeing him, and I bet his 1980's fleet is interesting. On a different note I think it's a shame on the fleet profile it do's not list acreage and on articles done in the past, it always interests me what tractors people run to cover there land.

Brilliant read , must have missed robin truss previous column in farm view. Don't remember seeing him, and I bet his 1980's fleet is interesting. On a different note I think it's a shame on the fleet profile it do's not list acreage and on articles done in the past, it always interests me what tractors people run to cover there land.

Found Robin Truss first article in the may edition. Must say it's good to see someone pushing on in his own right. Its a hard industry to branch off on your own and hope he thrives.

Is there really a David Brown engineer called David Brown???

I will have to look up which page I saw that on!!!!!

Page 94,

"Former DB dealer service engineer David Brown runs through a typical compression test procedure"

There really is :)

Nice Massey fleet profile this month and in the baling part a nice MF399 with a MF5 baler square baler would like one of them balers to go on the back of my MF3085 that would make her sing ;)

Pete.E,

Ref acreage, yes, I totally agree, but on this occasion the respective owners of the featured MF tractors didn't want to disclose their acreage. I raised it at the time of putting the article together, but the families didn't want to reveal the figure, perhaps out of modesty. As a rule, it's something we prefer to do, but each to their own I guess. Nice fleet of tractors all the same.

Regards

Rory

Archived