Tarland Show Saturday 10th August 2013

BC

lovely pictures as usual Bill,some really smart trucks there,especially those new Volvo FH 04s,do you happen to know why that Douglas Mitchell of Laurencekirk truck is the "wrong" shade of blue,anniversary maybe,??

Regards

Joe.

Fantastic photos as always Bill, and some Beauts in the way of trucks. Two questions though, Is this Volvo road legal as I didn't think 63 plates came out till September?

P1050378_zps6e366424.jpg

Also is that a larger scale of livestock trailer on the left hand side of this picture?

lovely pictures as usual Bill,some really smart trucks there,especially those new Volvo FH 04s,do you happen to know why that Douglas Mitchell of Laurencekirk truck is the "wrong" shade of blue,anniversary maybe,??

Regards

Joe.

I'm not sure Joe. Doug used to drive the silver one bur maybe that its repainted. He run his business whilst driving and has been know to run up the back of someone in the past so maybe a repaired abd resprayed cab. I did see him there but didnt get a chance to speak to him but i'm sure I'll see im at crathes or mearns or Scone palace over the next few weeks so I'll find out.

Fantastic photos as always Bill, and some Beauts in the way of trucks. Two questions though, Is this Volvo road legal as I didn't think 63 plates came out till September?

No but field legal James ;D  ;D . I assume it got a piggy back on a low loader or maybe on trade plates.

Yes the larger scale float is one that skitter box Chas has had in the making for a long time...I'm not too sure about the scale of it though.

Great pics as usual. I am sure couple of these were at truckfest last weekend. I am sure the Scottish fuels one and the one with James Bond on the back were there.

Yes I'm sure Charlie was down at the Edinburgh Truck show with his tanker. Its kept in remarkable condition. Mind you I have heard that in the past when on holiday he has had the rear wings removed, shotblasted and repainted and paid for by himself....just his hobby I suppose.

Funny you should say that James but young Doug McNicol is the driver of that unit and was up at Tarland since Charlie is a mate of his. I got old Doug's phone number from him since I need to see about getting my Farmall Cub road registered and his dad deals with that.

I'm glad you enjoyed them Kenny as much as I enjoyed the show and well I had a fantastic time .....I always know when I have had a good day....I look at my watch at the end of the day and think crikey is it that the time already ;D  ;D . Time does really fly by when you are enjoying yourself and even better whith the nice dry and warm weather we got for yet another show.

Archived