Anyone heading to the Cheffins vinatge sale?

Its the 1st time in many years i ve not made i always looked forward to the shopping in town afterwards with the mrs ::)

Rather than shopping I always look forward to a meal at murgatroyds chippy afterwards :)

I know the man who owned them 1000 series, He owns that 143 as well. He has been offered more than 37k in the past for them but didn't sell them. Did they sell today?

From what Howard's said it sounds like they did sell as if they didn't meet there reserve they would have been split and sold individually. Tractor prices are also down recently it seems so he may not get offers over that at this moment in time ?

Was a year or 18 months from he was offered that, I don't think he would let them be split up, must ask him the next time I see him. He also had a 135 a couple of years ago which was sold for just over £13000. The man he gets to do them up is very good at restoring them and is meticulous in the way he goes about doing them up

It's in this past year that prices have dropped, take field marshalls for example last year they were demanding at least 8 grand one at last years cheffins sold for 16000 while now they are at around 6k with the one from cheffins being resold recently for 13k. The cheffins catalogue said that the five fords would be sold as one and if they didn't meet there reserve then they would be sold individually. Knowing the guy do you know why he doesn't have a 6000 as its the one missing from the set ?

It's in this past year that prices have dropped, take field marshalls for example last year they were demanding at least 8 grand one at last years cheffins sold for 16000 while now they are at around 6k with the one from cheffins being resold recently for 13k. The cheffins catalogue said that the five fords would be sold as one and if they didn't meet there reserve then they would be sold individually. Knowing the guy do you know why he doesn't have a 6000 as its the one missing from the set ?

Because they never made a 6000? Well they did but it was an American machine not like our 1000 Series.

Thanks for sharing the pics James ;)  the pair of Scania wagon n drags.... WM Elison..... don't live too far from us, they run 4 in total and a little merc with a drag an all, always kept tidy. the V8's sound beautiful when the climbing up out the Hodder with a full load on 8)  8)

I didn't see this topic in time and I was in Harrogate yesterday : :'( , I only saw it as I drove out of town and went past the showground and there were lorries pulling out with their purchases on the back.

Thanks for the photos though.

Archived