Farming Yesteryear At Scone Palace near Perth Sunday 8th September 2013

BC

The Scottish Vintage Tractor and Engine Club are holding their 36th Annual Rally this weekend in the grounds of Scone Palace near Perth with public spectating only on the Sunday. This year the highlighted tractor of the year is the international Farmall and the highlighted stationary engine are diesel engines.

I will be down on the Sunday only with my 1951 International Farmall Cub.

Teh weatehr is not looking good for Saturday but a bit better for Siunday whover there is loght rain forecast for 7am, 1pm and 5pm so i hope the BBC have got it wrong.

Any FTF members planning going along this year :huh:

http://www.svtec.org/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ph2

It should be a good show James and although the weather for today isn't looking so good Sunday looks a lot better with only mention of rain in the evening and by that time I should be homeward bound so that doesn't matter so much. Hope to catch with with you tomorrow James. 

Well,the weather WAS good after getting over 10mm of rain yesterday here apparently Perth / Scoon missed it,I met up with Bill around 11ish and had a wee wander around the show talking to a few familiar faces,and watching a few machines at work,I look some pictures but Bill has quite a few,he was planing leaving around 7:30 so wont be home for a wee while yet with pictures to follow tommorrow ( Monday ) so here are a few I took,

First up Stewart Trailer new Volvo FH 04,maybe this new series,which are definitely THEE best looking truck out there right now,will make Scania replace their ageing 4 series which is long overdue,

Scone2013008re_zps0687e5f2.jpg

Scone2013031re_zps25d872c6.jpg

Scone2013019re_zpsc7d92036.jpg

I managed to pull out at 7pm Joe but held up big time by a big Lexion before during and after Coupar Augus so just home at 9pm . Was a good day the crack and weather was good and I will put photos on to Photobucket and post up tomorrow since I have the day off tomorrow and could not be bothered unloading.

First up Stewart Trailer new Volvo FH 04,maybe this new series,which are definitely THEE best looking truck out there right now,will make Scania replace their ageing 4 series which is long overdue,

I suggest you rinse your mouth out with soap Mr Joe, there is only one time when a volvo will look as good as a scania and that was the f12 against the 1 series, also the 4 series has been replaced by the p,g and r series now which are THEE best looking trucks around and will be for a long time to come :)

Looks like it was a good show, believe it or not even though I live however many hundreds of miles away I know that county crawler, it sits in a shed on the a93 between Blairgowrie and Glenshee and I pass it for 5 days every Febuary when I go skiing :)

I loaded up around lunchtime on Saturday and fitted the nose cone to save files and stones etc and covered with the overnight cover to save dew and moisture. Away early on Sunday and down for 7.30am. A tad misty and only 3.5 degrees in bits and although the grass was damp at Scone it wasn't long before the sun was and hence some photos with shadows but hey ho a very enjoyable show and I don't know where the time went since it was 7pm when I pulled out and headed for home.

P1060297_zps142c723e.jpg

P1060298_zpsb1675351.jpg

P1060299_zps15c91f8c.jpg

The Scottish County Club had an excellent looking stand as always and won the Best Club Stand for the 5th consecutive year. This club never ceases to amaze me and always pulls off something that bit different.

P1060299_zps15c91f8c.jpg

P1060301_zps4f0db5e6.jpg

P1060302_zps7d10532a.jpg

Archived