uh kuhn varimaster plough

Nice job there Paul , mate with the saw ,  i ve been thinking it looks like i ll get this plough for the carpet farm as it a 6fr , in real farming  time i ve not seen 1 about me   at all =  but  Mf8680 got to have some thing on here back  to pull :of

lower link points put on the right way and all painted as per the real life plough,next job will be to remove the top link,as not needed and you dont keep the top link on the plough anyway,but the light is getting bad now,and i will be using the top link on my artisan 3 point linkage on my mf 8450 convo

post-1769-0-74985100-1384098109_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-04505100-1384098118_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-91859200-1384098125_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-49458400-1384098137_thumb.jp

I think you'll find that the lower links were on the correct way round for a start!!!

allthough i have seen the odd kuhn with the lower link points like the uh model,the majority of kuhns ive seen have them this way round,including ones ive seen in dealership yards,but thanks anyway

I think you have got that wrong, Paul. That entire piece is a bar in itself I think, which can be dropped out of the headstock. The Kuhn plough I used was like this anyway, you could attach the bar to the link arms first (the opposite way up to the way you have now fixed them on) and then back up to the plough and hitch up. I may be wrong but that's how the Kuhn plough I am referring to worked.

looking at all those pics the black u shapes your both on about do not seem to be fixed at all, they rotate ,like a coupler protection part , a sort of anti unlock device almost, latch on to the plough then rotate them to below the arms ?? I recon the only reason uh had them fixed was to assist with the mount of the siku style hitch part??? so it didn't droop in the lifted position???

looking at all those pics the black u shapes your both on about do not seem to be fixed at all, they rotate ,like a coupler protection part?? I recon the only reason uh had them fixed was to assist with the mount of the siku style hitch part??? so it didn't droop in the lifted position???

i  thing your spot on there sean,thank god for that,especially after my careful cutting this morning

looking at all those pics the black u shapes your both on about do not seem to be fixed at all, they rotate ,like a coupler protection part , a sort of anti unlock device almost, latch on to the plough then rotate them to below the arms ?? I recon the only reason uh had them fixed was to assist with the mount of the siku style hitch part??? so it didn't droop in the lifted position???

Er, Hellooooo!!!

::):huh:  :lol: :ha ha!:

I think you have got that wrong, Paul. That entire piece is a bar in itself I think, which can be dropped out of the headstock. The Kuhn plough I used was like this anyway, you could attach the bar to the link arms first (the opposite way up to the way you have now fixed them on) and then back up to the plough and hitch up. I may be wrong but that's how the Kuhn plough I am referring to worked.

no Bob,it does prove i dont sell everything,i kept 1, just it will be having an artisan rear linkage put on it,with possibly an artisan front one as well

Can you post your work up on here when your working on it

Archived