Valmet 805 rare decal

FarmtoysDK

In David Pullen's book of Britains tractors it does not show or even mention that bonnet decal, perhaps he either missed it or was not aware of its existence, on the model of that time, 1986 to 1989, the decal does not have the black lower background and the 805 is above and in the rear corner of the black upper line.

I posted this hard to find version of the Britains Valmet 805 before of mine, which there are two different ones possibly a promotional item for Valmet?. It seems that it was made around 1987 when the real tractor changed. But there is nothing in any of the Britains books etc.

Kind regards

Martyn. 

post-221-0-20516400-1390002406_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-05453900-1390002500_thumb.jpg

In 1989 Britains made the famous 4 colour variations in white, green, blue and yellow (plus 1 red variation sold in Britain) of the Valmet 805 for the Dutch importer of Valmet. This was done to celebrate the introduction of different colour schemes for Valmet tractors, which to this day remains an option. The 4 colour variations, however, have little to do with Sonny’s Valmets, which were already featured in the 1987 Britains Catalogue[1]. If we observe the catalogue of that year more closely, we find that this particular variation of the Valmet could be purchased both as an individual model as well as in all gift sets, which had formerly included the regular Volvo BM Valmet 805, thus making it unlikely (at least at this stage), that the model was intended for a limited promotion run. Whether it was ever included in said gift sets is questionable – if so, it is not certain that any of these larger sets have survived to this day – and the production was quickly switched back to that of the Volvo BM Valmet. Why this happened remains, at least to me, a mystery until this day, but it seems that the models were not evenly distributed. Though I have no empirical evidence to support this, I would argue that disproportionately large amount ended up in Denmark and Sweden, where it is probably a little more common than in the UK.

On a slightly different note; I would really like for you, Sonny, to take a picture of the rear of the mudguards on the single-wheeled version, as they seem to have the rather unusual black paint applied to them, which I have so far believed only to be present on the first version of the 1986 Volvo BM Valmet.

post-2305-0-25633200-1390033604_thumb.pn

Archived