Multi purpose shed

toyboy

Few pics of a shed I have started, was all going great until I went to paint it, mdf and spray painting don't seem to go together, going to finish it but think the wee lad will fall air to it!!! It's not quite right but here's a few pics anyway, it has central silage pit with concrete panels, section to the rear of that for bale storage, on one side is a full length beef housing section and the other side split in to three bays for machinery/grain storage. Still the painting to finish, feed rail to beef court and doors to either end of beef court. This is a first for me on the buildings front so see what you think for a first attemptpost-435-0-55216100-1394394528_thumb.jpgpost-435-0-24049000-1394394557_thumb.jpgpost-435-0-86214600-1394394960_thumb.jpgpost-435-0-65012200-1394394984_thumb.jpgpost-435-0-91703200-1394395011_thumb.jpgpost-435-0-09772800-1394395034_thumb.jpg

Very nice shed there Toy, some nice clean cuts make it look very professional :) How have you made the concrete panels as the look very good?

Just made from strips of 9mm mdf with the edges all chamfered with a plane then glued together, was chuffed with it until it came to the painting, real disappointed with the outcome!

Have you tried brush painting them?

Brush painting!!!! Think I would rather stick pins in my eyes, like I said the wee lad will probably end up with it, so doubt he will be worried about the paint quality. Will have a play about with some scrap mdf to see what works best before I ever do any more

Very nice shed there Toy, some nice clean cuts make it look very professional :) How have you made the concrete panels as the look very good?

Well it certainly should be since Dode is a joiner to trade ;D ...painting looks alright to me but as you I'm sure it will keep Baron amused.

The only time i have painted MDF was with white emulsion for the inside of my last tractor shed. I do recall it was quite absorbent and needed quite a few coats to get a decent finish...maybe that is the secret more coats :huh:  :unsure:

Some paint applied now, you might get a better idea of the finished article now I have the jig removed that was holding everything together straight and square and in the right place, got gates made for the ends of the court and they have been painted so just waiting for them to dry, will get them fitted tomorrow just in time to pack it in the van for the Dingwall model show! Talk about last minute!!!!

Some paint applied now, you might get a better idea of the finished article now I have the jig removed that was holding everything together straight and square and in the right place, got gates made for the ends of the court and they have been painted so just waiting for them to dry, will get them fitted tomorrow just in time to pack it in the van for the Dingwall model show! Talk about last minute!!!!

post-435-0-44831600-1394750634_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-90186200-1394750666_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-18065400-1394750763_thumb.jpg

Archived