G & M Farm Models are back in Perth 5 / 6th July 2014

BC

I had a couple of calls from Graham last week and he was saying due to popular demand they are coming back up to Scotland yet again before the Scottish National tractor show at Lanark in September. Oh well that will be another away weekend for me since the only local vintage rally is at New Byth and not one I have attended for years.

http://www.gandmfarmmodels.com/shows.htm

I must get an overnight stay or two to book up for this weekend since the crack is good with spectator's and the chat with Graham and Michelle is even better ;D  ;D

I have already spotted 2 new ERTL's on their website and I hope more Britain's are to come since this will only be the next time they are in Scotland before Lanark in September which I will be attending. 8)

Overnight stop over booked now........was holding off just in case this clashed with the County Club silage making weekend but that is provisionally an earlier date this year.

• 1 month later...

I put an order in to Layla today..........only just over 10 weeks to the event and I'm looking forward to it since my last weekend away was to Callum's model show at Dingwall which was fantastic and fingers crossed there should be a 6 page report on the show in the next issue of Model Farmer which I think should be due out by the end of this month.

However ....I'm beginning to suffer withdrawal symptom's from weeks ends away since I haven't any planned any until July / August / September and October...mind you I will be playing and exhibiting at the vintage shows at BA Stores, then Fraserburgh, The Scottish County Club silage weekend, the Angus Show at Brechin and then the Steam Fair at Castle Fraser all before the second appearance of Graham and Michelle at Perth this year...I'm sure Michelle just loves Scotland and ex Scania 111 trucker Graham just likes the drive up and the folk and customers who attend :huh:  :unsure: 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just over a week away and I'm looking forward to an away weekend. I know B.brian aka me softie can't manage due to having to sell ice cream to the golfing spectators in Aberdeen. Anyone else planning attending :huh: 

I plan to be there at both days Joe but will probably head up the road early afternoon on the Sunday. Plan to do a bit of promoting of the model show to be held in the Royal British Legion Hall in Oldmeldrum on Sunday 29th November 2014.

Yes that's it James.... No 42883 and G&M are selling it for £ 6.50. Probably one of the smallest boxes made by Britains or should I say Tomy in a long long time 8)

Today I attend the event until just after 2pm and there was a steady crowd attending and plenty of bags and boxes disappearing. FTF members James Davidson and Callum Morrison were there and Dougie Stewart aka mr softies dad were in attendance. I'll pop in past for a while on the way home tomorrow again.

P1100907_zps85b00db8.jpg

P1100908_zps13c3e89d.jpg

P1100909_zpse54379c3.jpg

P1100910_zps2124ee5c.jpg

P1100911_zpse080285a.jpg

I'm not long back home from the G&M event at Perth and what an enjoyable stay away weekend it was. It was nice to catch up with Graham & Michelle and the other usual diehard attendees........shame I missed you Joe but will catch up at Lanark or if not before at Scone Palace .

P1100923_zps0ecae55d.jpg

P1100924_zps07630712.jpg

P1100925_zps0544d179.jpg

P1100926_zps6f29a387.jpg

Graham chatting to Norman Bennie from Auchterarder who attends most of the model shows up and down Scotland and also some of the vintage rallies. Norman seemed keen on the new model on Saturday 29th November 2014 at Oldmeldrum but said he would probably forget about it......but I said take one of the 4 laminated posters I had on display and pin it to his back door  ;D  ;D

If I were a betting man I think the new show will be guaranteed at least one spectator with at least Norman attending 8)  

P1100927_zpsb7167064.jpg

Archived