Scottish National Tractor Show - Lanark - 20 / 21 September 2014

BC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill cant forget the bank of dad , and Kenny that's it I just knew id forgotten something lets hope he is out of bed by the tim I arrive in kircowan and no repeat of moira 2013 and Zwolle 2013 where we couldn't get him out his hotel room , shaun we will see you on saturday

I like Joe's idea of holding on his models onto the trolley...not ropes or ratchet straps but sticky fragile tape ;D  ;D

IMG_4947_zpsc57723e5.jpg

Some of the usual suspects ...er I mean exhibitors were there...

The blind postie Beeton

IMG_4948_zpscc4de5de.jpg

And a CU Jimmy and co

IMG_4949_zps6f1d5539.jpg

Home and car unpacked from a rather enjoyable long weekend away at the show and got away safely just after the prize giving being given the task of judging the commercial vehicles this year......photos of yesterday and today to follow in due course ;D  ;D

I like Joe's idea of holding on his models onto the trolley...not ropes or ratchet straps but sticky fragile tape ;D  ;D

IMG_4947_zpsc57723e5.jpg

The blind postie Beeton

IMG_4948_zpscc4de5de.jpg

And a CU Jimmy and co

IMG_4949_zps6f1d5539.jpg

Who,s more FRAGILE the models or JOE?

;) ;)  I was a wee bit fragile on Saturday Shaun,a ten hour shift then load up the car then drive down to Lanark,well worth it though,fine craik with similar minded loony's and like Brian said even the weather was really good,plus the "bark" off that V8 Fergy,lovely,

Regards

Joe.

Got a good run back down the M6 last night after another great weekend of mirth, merriment  and a bit o cake with some great folk and some great friends from up north 8)......

Grand to catch up with David Dm  and Iain again too :) . "Dodgy Dave Holden" couldn't believe that it was 9 years ago as we first displayed at the first Lanark show.... and was the birth of "The Lancashire Lads on Tour"... Time seems to fly and somehow I think I might have to try and do something a bit special for next years show....... and the 10th year of being on tour  ;)  :laugh:   

Back home and tractor delivered to Lochmaben complete with table tops, hire van emptied  and returned, sat down by 9.00pm glass off something and breath.  This morning will sort out models.  THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED MAKE IT A 1ST CLASS WEEKEND :police: :police:

IMG_4947_zpsc57723e5.jpg

The blind postie Beeton

IMG_4948_zpscc4de5de.jpg

And a CU Jimmy and co

IMG_4949_zps6f1d5539.jpg

Oh dear........ I was having a purge on Photobucket today and I see I have deleted "3 classic's" by mistake....I'm not talking about the subjects only the subject matter ;D  ;D

IMG_4947_zps7f370afe.jpg

IMG_4948_zpsc7039005.jpg

IMG_4949_zpsa35e3a75.jpg

Although I took quite a lot of photos over the 3 days I was in attendance i have a couple of articles to write for both Classic Tractor and Model Farmer so I will only be posting a limited number on here at present.

MF 1155 fitted with a 180 HP V8 Perkins

IMG_4861_zps31f25a64.jpg

A Trantor a fairly rare sight these days.

IMG_4866_zps842e3dd5.jpg

IMG_4869_zps5cd88e1b.jpg

IMG_4870_zps1be8b17e.jpg

IMG_4871_zps6e7aac6a.jpg

IMG_4872_zps881c0b91.jpg

Archived