Holland farming pix 2014 update 22/11

ertlerik

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some nice pics there erik, pretty impressive flower picker to , any reason why they don't try and pic the flower to sell on as bunchs?? when they do the daffodils this way, they always take them for sale rather than just shread them

some nice pics there erik, pretty impressive flower picker to , any reason why they don't try and pic the flower to sell on as bunchs?? when they do the daffodils this way, they always take them for sale rather than just shread them

I believe they still need a certain lenght of stem, but that is as far as my knowledge of tulips go

I think it also has something to do with the fact that if you want to sell the flowers you have to harvest them (with stem) early on in the season when they aren't in full flower. The grower probably doesn't want this as they wait for it to nearly finish flowering. Maybe it has something to do with the skin setting or something, I am no expert.

Have you got a new job Erik?

• 3 months later...

Archived