50 years of Basildon at De Courcey

justy 46

Last year they celebrated Claas & was a great day out. This year its the turn of Ford & Hew Holland & you can be sure with the popularity of the brand in the Cork area... its  going to be one fantastic working day event & a huge static display is also expected. Combines , bailers, ploughing etc will be in full swing . Bankholiday Monday 4'th of August 2014 is the set date.. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.decourceyvintage.com%2F&ei=nuXUU7j6FLPY7Abmx4HgDw&usg=AFQjCNEzLIJ4uyHHoOauJPkAOVJnAIa14g

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill try to make it down if I can, missed it last year and I was disgusted !

For blue fanatics like ourselfs John.. is definitely a day not to be missed.. If your stuck for a spin  down give me a bell.  ;)

Thanks for posting justy..am currently trying to arrange a ppace for the family to stay over on the way down...

Bandon & Kinsale are the nearest towns or the city is about half an hours drive if you wanted to make a weekend of it . There is also tractor pulling in Roberts Cove the day before.  Roberts Cove is only 10 miles east of this event .. Have you far to travel?

Banbridge...20mims north of newry. Its a bank holiday that weekend hotels it seems & hotels are v.expensive,any b&0 we'v tried are booked out..but that was in cork itself,we'll maybe try some of the places you mentioned.

Banbridge...20mims north of newry. Its a bank holiday that weekend hotels it seems & hotels are v.expensive,any b&0 we'v tried are booked out..but that was in cork itself,we'll maybe try some of the places you mentioned.

Yeah try Bandon ,Kinsale , Innishannon, Clonakility .. it is the bankholiday & that drives accommodation prices threw the roof. Typical Ireland. ::)

Looking forward to seeing a few pics if your taking your camera Justin... ;)

Yeah ...should be a good day out. It's adds to the show when they put the machines into action. I will be sure and geta a good few pics Paul . I know a guy that sent down a New Holland Clayson, Ford 7600 & 5000 9 days early to be good & prepared for the event. He has them parked in a realtives farmyard about 3 miles from the venue. Otherwise he'd be traveling 35 miles in convoy on the morning of the show. So guys we're getting geared up well in advance. Let's just hope the weather holds.

Definitely heading down on Monday. Here's the long range forecast. SUNDAY ... Variable cloud, chance of showers but some locations will remain dry with some sunny intervals for the southeast, lows near 10 C and highs around 19 to 22 C.

A bit of a gathering before the event this morning over the fence literally from my house. The New Holland truck was in route to the Decourcey event for tomorrow & Cronin Agri Bros Black Beauty T7050 hauling an opened up 8770 on a lowloader & the Case were heading to the Roberts Cove tractor pulling first & then on to Decourcey afterwards...

Good  photo opportunity for a taste of whats to come.

IMG_20140803_1056001_zpsca6262cd.jpg

IMG_20140803_1056331_zps810f8e0e.jpg

IMG_20140803_1051591_zps21b1c6b4.jpg

IMG_20140803_1056581_zpse3fe60ef.jpg

For all of those thats traveling down to Cork from up the country.. just to let ye know the weather has been good down here over the last few days .. Little or no rain compared to the North, east & midlands... So all is looking well ..

Ill be heading down in the morning ! I might see a few forum members below going by this ? Cronins 8770 is an animal Justin ! Met her mowing a few times, 30Ft of Pottingers no bother to her ! ;)

Its all that. 240' ish is what its pushing out.. It was pulling the sled today...Might no tomorrow how they got on.. 

What an absolutely fantabulous day out.

I got a photo of the three icons together in 1:1

20140804_122911_zpsab78cb28.jpg

I also managed to get the poster of the three icons together

20140804_181457_zps61501acf.jpg

... and as you can see in that photo, I also now have the three icons in 1:32

More pics after I have something to eat.

Excellent day out alright ! Met a good share of people I know around the place ! Highlights for mewere Brendan Marshalls Mint 1991 7610 2wd SQ, The 91 7810 on the Lee Grain Trailer, The Fritzmeier cab 6600 on the bale trailer and finally the 5000 on the Lynch Grain Trailer, Forgot the camera but hopefully SPN captured them ? :D

We'll start with this 1930 Fordson N. Built in Cork and exported to the USA. Lived and worked in Nebraska until 2006 when it was brought back to Ireland.

20140804_124911_zpse97e619c.jpg

And a couple of more Fordson Ns

20140804_131403_zpsf04fa7e2.jpg

20140804_131449_zps40cad957.jpg

Archived