42nd Deeside Steam and Vintage Rally 16/17 August 2014

BC

Nice photo round up of the show Bill, :) great to see different tractors dotted in and amongst the more usual entrants.... some shows can get a bit "same old same old" and you get fed up with the tractor section being full of just fordsons and fergy's.... Thanks for sharing 8) Although sorry to hear of your bit of mis-fortune with your waterpump.... a winter project for you in time for next years rally season??

I'm glad you liked the round up of the show Paul. I took a couple of photos of a white County transit and was hoping you or someone on here might do a conversion on a 1/32 scale Britain's one :huh:

I was a bit disappointed when my Nuffy broke down and had to be recovered but these things happen. I had an ex salesman from Dingbro the large motor factor in Aberdeen about the new model show at Oldmeldrum and I was asking him if Dingbro could still get water pumps for the BMC diesel engine and he was saying the chances were the impeller was broken but could be sent away for repair. Whether it is better to go this route or get a brand new one form Charnley's in Chorley I need to ask around. I would hope to get fixed and back in corner before winter including also a diaphragm for the Simm's diesel pump since the engine is tending to "hunt" a bit. Mind you the old girl made in 1957 is now nearly 57 years old. 

Mmmmm well you could be on to something there with a County transit ;) although I think by the time the britains version came out Ford were doing their own 4wd or all wheel drive version,,,, something to think about though :)

Mmm and that be a bit of a decision to make Bill... Most fit new now as that's how they get taught as apprentices.... it's only the old school that strip, recondition and refit...... or some hauliers like us to strip, codge it back together and get it back on the road :laugh:  :laugh:  if it's just the impellor, Charnleys probably have an overhaul kit for it ;) 

Another good show Bill judging by our pics.. Thanks for sharing . ;)

Yes it was a nice show Justin just shame about the early afternoon rain.

Mmmmm well you could be on to something there with a County transit ;) although I think by the time the britains version came out Ford were doing their own 4wd or all wheel drive version,,,, something to think about though :)

Mmm and that be a bit of a decision to make Bill... Most fit new now as that's how they get taught as apprentices.... it's only the old school that strip, recondition and refit...... or some hauliers like us to strip, codge it back together and get it back on the road :laugh:  :laugh:  if it's just the impellor, Charnleys probably have an overhaul kit for it ;)

On the real County transits this is the only the second restored one I have seen so the real deals must be getting tin on the ground. I know Charlie Gray has one awaiting restoration and his partner Frances Richie was saying someone in stonehaven had all the County parts to make one...all they need is a decent transit from the same era. I did not realise did a 4wd model of the transit but hey ho its true you learn something new every day.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Paul about apprentice mechanics...they are no longer taught to repair just fit and for that reason I have to call them fitters ;D  ;D . I see Charnleys have what they call a"major" water pump for a Nuffield including the impeller at £ 64.58 ex VAT but they have a complete new water pump including gasket for £ 71.40 ex VAT so I think a replacement is the way to go for a humble fitter like myself ;D  ;D

Archived