1972farming's Britains hit the road.

1972farming

Last weekend I displayed some of my Britains collection for the first time in public. I took them to a one day show in the Forest of Dean ,Gloucestershire. Its a nice show at The Speech House Hotel. I had never displayed in public before and had a great day meeting and chatting with old and young alike.post-153-0-79818500-1411131327_thumb.jpgpost-153-0-39010800-1411131431_thumb.jpg

Great display. I find displays like that bring back great mems  to guys that were kids in the 70's & 80's. I displayed a mix of old Britains & newer UH & Replicagri etc stuff combined at a show last year & found people took away more interest in the 70's & 80's era Britains gear over the more modern stuff.  

Dads telling their kids .. now I had one of them when I was your age.... & the kids would be fascinated also. At Irish shows .. them kinda displays are not very common .. its more modern farm diormas with newer UH type gear.. It would be nice to see displays like this over here more often... ;)

Thanks for the comments. I am thinking of taking the collection to display at Tractor World at Malvern. I'm not sure how far in advance I need to book in though. I did enjoy talking to people about the models and yes, a lot of parents telling their kids that they had some too. I even sold a tractor there as well even though I was intending to sell any.

I'm thinking myself of just doing an old Britains display like your own for the next show I attend .. I should have enough gear gathered now at this stage for one.. Still on the lookout for some various 80's era items .They seem to pull more interest at shows. An old Britains display would stand out from the crowd over here anyway. ;)  :)

Archived