trigger82

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

That's a clean one Cyril. Britain's should have done a Volvo BM out of it. Why they never did is a mystery .

Was it based on a Volvo BM then? I always wanted one of them back in the day as the local farm had an LM846 and I thought it was an amazing machine, it looked huge for a farm loader.  The farm still uses it as well almost 30 years on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Was it based on a Volvo BM then? I always wanted one of them back in the day as the local farm had an LM846 and I thought it was an amazing machine, it looked huge for a farm loader.  The farm still uses it as well almost 30 years on.

Well I have a look agan next week I have them at a show 

3 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I remember reading the write ups in Model Tractor mag a few years back by Warner Hall about projects & product development within Britains back in the 70's & 80's .. A prototype of this loader in yellow with the bucket and Volvo BM labels was submitted to the hierarchy in Britains around 1986 before realise ..but they opted  to call it a Super Dig & have it bright green instead.. It was just one of many strange weird  steps taken by Britains down threw the years..  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

I remember reading the write ups in Model Tractor mag a few years back by Warner Hall about projects & product development within Britains back in the 70's & 80's .. A prototype of this loader in yellow with the bucket and Volvo BM labels was submitted to the hierarchy in Britains around 1986 before realise ..but they opted  to call it a Super Dig & have it bright green instead.. It was just one of many strange weird  steps taken by Britains down threw the years..  

I suppose it must have been based on something real - wonder what it was, doesn't resemble any Volvos as I can see:

https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/product-archive/wheel-loaders/volvo-bm-4000-series/

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

I suppose it must have been based on something real - wonder what it was, doesn't resemble any Volvos as I can see:

https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/product-archive/wheel-loaders/volvo-bm-4000-series/

Its not a Volvo in any way as such. But its probably the nearest looking thing to one of that mid 80's era.  The loaders from Fiat Allis also look abit like them. We could create a topic outa this one ..More members might be able to give info on it.

Image result for fiat allis FR15B loader

Image result for 1985 Volvo BM shovel

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 12:25 AM, justy 46 said:

Its not a Volvo in any way as such. But its probably the nearest looking thing to one of that mid 80's era.  The loaders from Fiat Allis also look abit like them. We could create a topic outa this one ..More members might be able to give info on it.

Image result for fiat allis FR15B loader

Image result for 1985 Volvo BM shovel

I think ist was based on a  Danapac CA 25 Single Roller,  Digger and Logmaster beeing variants without existing role model.

AFBAE181-7503-40D2-8E39-01B48E03043E.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, britainsfan78 said:

I think ist was based on a  Danapac CA 25 Single Roller,  Digger and Logmaster beeing variants without existing role model.

AFBAE181-7503-40D2-8E39-01B48E03043E.jpeg

Yes.. That looks very like the Britains versions . The cab is certainly a match .

• Like 2