Scottish National Tractor Show Lanark - 19th and 20th September 2015

BC

Be grand to see you for a catch up Joe... :)  This years theme tractor brand at Lanark is....... International Harvester, Farmall and Mcormick,  so fingers crossed it might turn up a gem or two :)  "Dodgy" Dave Holden will be travelling up again with a display this year too ;)

I'm pretty sure my holidays are booked to include that one, :)

Regards

Joe.

How wrong can you be,!!,just checked my holiday dates mid week and my boss has put me down for two weeks in AUGUST, >:( >:(  flaming idiot,should have been the week before Lanark,then the week after,so no show for me this year,

Hope everyone else has a good time,and here's hopeing the weather is better by then,??

Regards

Joe.

Shame you won't make it this year Joe but on a positive note that gives you more than a year to get your display ready for 2016.

Yes it does Bill,plus we now have a new manager, :)

Regards

Joe.

How wrong can you be,!!,just checked my holiday dates mid week and my boss has put me down for two weeks in AUGUST, >:( >:(  flaming idiot,should have been the week before Lanark,then the week after,so no show for me this year,

Hope everyone else has a good time,and here's hopeing the weather is better by then,??

Regards

Joe.

As Bill says a shame you'll not be there this year Joe :-.... but hell if you've now 14 months to get your display ready there could almost be a field big enough to show off your Holmer spreaders after the maize harvest for your AD plant  :laugh:  :laugh: or even work on a display that's a couple of tables apart.... I'm sure with co-operative neighbours they'd let you put a road in up the front of their display to get the transport side of things into perspective between field and farm ;) ;)

Received my entry form today so given the featured show tractor this year is International Harvester and Farmall I think I'll take along some of my 1/16 scale SpecCast Farmall Cubs since that will be an easier option than pulling down a real Farmall ;D ;D 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it not be long to getting loaded up for heading off up the road, but first a spot of breakfast and a few odd jobs to do before our mid morning departure,  Seems strange being on the Forum at this time of day on a Friday..... usually grafting by now ;D Looking forward to 4 days off work though having prepped 5 chassis up in the last 16 days... and what better way to unwind with a weekend away at a show :) 

Hope to catch up with some of you over the weekend and safe trips to those who are travelling ;)

Not long now until the show opens. Shame Kenny and Shirley will not be there this year to keep an eye on the model exhibitors and the antics they will no doubt get up to....however I'm sure we will all be thinking about them and they will be back next year. 

Had a great weekend with Valley Axe Man and the rest of the Ribble Valley model farm and Construction Crew ,great to be back to my old self and displaying again,thanks for all your help and support over the past 3 or 4 years when things have been tough ,and even made a few new friends over the weekend ,big Hi and cheers to my mate Ivan Bruce ,great to meet you and see you all at Reghed before my trip to Iceland in November ,Come On!!!!!!

No worries Kev bud, it great to see you back on the show circuit again, and good to see you and Stuart are still as mad as a box o frogs!! ;D

It was a good weekend all round, but not the same without the two special people that bring so much to this show, A big GET WELL SOON to Kenny Beeton, both you and Shirley were missed greatly by many with your wit, wisdom and banter, but roll on to a return to the shows and many more displays in the future :), Though I reckon you'd have both laughed on Friday as I tried to get the tables sorted.... You've got that down to a fine art Kenny and I reckon I've a bit to go yet to be up to your level.....

Was great to catch up with so many of our friends from up north, and 3 good friends that made the trip from Northern Ireland, your a keen bunch of lads, Hope young Rob turns out as grand a bloke as his dad Ivan, Nice to welcome a few first time exhibitors to the show too, Well done to both Matthew Dewhurst and Damian Hampson for taking the trophies in the Junior and Senior model displays catagories, According to Rob and Mary the voting was very close this year and the standards of the displays were high, again that in itself would have made Kenny and Shirley smile.

Last but not least, Thanks  to all those that helped out with lending a hand during the setting up and breaking down of the show, your help was and is really appreciated :)

My Mum would like to say.....

A good show this year, I took along my 32nd scale Britain's based woodland diorama, that quite a few comments were made at why the famous Lanark courting couple weren't in there?? Thank you  to everybody for pulling together and making Kenny and Shirley proud, like you I missed them at the show this weekend too, especially my sparring partner KB. Hope the cake was up to my usual standards, (sorry Brian.... we forgot to save you some, but did miss you and the wee lad Mark too) good to see some more new exhibitors, and lets hope there are a few more for next year.

Was good to see Big Dave, Ivan and the lads turn up, was abit last minute but we had a good catch up and tried to organise another trip for them in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing most of you again at Penrith

Lynn x

Archived