Project 50 @ 50

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:17 AM, Barry said:

Looking good Ben.

How do you get the rear wheels off and the bonnet off??

Thanks

To remove the rear wheels I just twist and pull untill one of the wheels pulls of the axle. The bonnet can be a pain to remove. Remove the front weights just one screw, then using a very thin flat screw driver I pry the bonnet where it joins the frame just below the headlights. Then keep prying untill the bonnet pops off. Can be very tight.

Thanks Ben, got the rear wheels off, you have to pull like you want to break it!!

I don't want to damage the bonnet so i'll work around it, think if i put my screwdriver near it and try prizing it apart i'll slip and scratch the whole of the the nose!

16 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Your certainly getting on with the project Ben :) how many more have you left to do before you reach your target? interesting looking weathered nash there at the back of your workbench 8)

Got about 25 more to do plus 2 one offs Its a IH1455xl I'm doing for my self and practising some new methods of weathering on it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived