Advise

dwain

I recently bought a Model from Germany and paid with PayPal. When the Item come the box that it arrived in and the box for the model was perfect no dents, rips or tears etc. When I got the model out it was broken. It is in bad shape. The seller is saying it must of broken in transit but it was all perfect condition and now he will not give me a refund. Has this happend to anyone if so how do I go about getting my money?

Oh dear. I had a similar instance once when I posted a model. When my customer got the model it was broken inside the box and the box was undamaged, now I know I had the model very well tied to the base of the box with string and also well cushioned around the model, but both me and the customer agreed that the box must have got a very sudden impact during transit to cause the extensive damage that was done, it was special delivery post and when I went to royal mail they told me  1) I must have proof of postage   2) I must have the box that was posted  and 3) that the box must show signs of actual damage to be able to put in a claim for a damaged item.  In other words I had no case for claiming against them for damage, now being an honest person I told the customer to simply send me back the model and I would sort it out regardless of what happens between me and royal mail, it cost me another tractor as I had to buy another to replace the broken axle and hub on the first sent model...So to sum it up you are pretty much dealing with a case of just how helpful, understanding and honest your seller is

Your not the only ones, I bought a Ros krone big x when it came the box was perfect but the wheel had broken off,after contacting the seller I got a replacement.thats why I continue to use this supplier.Its usually how the mail handle our parcels dictates how they arrive.

I had the same too when I sold one of my jcb 3cx's on eBay just before Xmas. It was tied in its boxed then bubble wrapped and then put into another box with polystyrene in it and by the time the buyer had received it, it looked like it had been sat on!! Luckily it was only one of the grab rails and wing mirror I made had broken so I had him send me back the cab and I made a new then sent it by back special delivery and paid him his postage back. Have you asked if they would replace it for a new one?

If you did it by PayPal then try doing a dispute with them dwain , it may require you sending it back at your cost but if you get the bulk of your cash back it's worth it maybe? List it In The complaint as  not as described and seller not comunicating . I have done it once and did get my cash ha k , lost 5 quid in the return posts we that's all 

Where that green bit is from I don't know.

i have not seen a LTD one yet that's why I got it

pin come away from the boom

don't know if you can see the ram needs putting back in I think the boom needs to come apart to put it back in (I am no good at doing things like that ha ha!)

the boom stays dropped and not hold itself up on one side.

the ram on the left is very stiff and takes force.

i do I like this model as well :-[

On 4 March 2016 at 0:06 AM, Barry said:

What is the model Dwain?

Can it be repaired?

image.thumb.jpeg.5a182cc52a12d11a9a3a382

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That looks an easy fix Dwain. The green plastic piece must be able to glue back on somewhere, it's none functional, so it will be glued somewhere. The little steel pin goes through the eye on the end of the ram, so just look for a hole the same size to 

re-attach it to. The Rams should be symmetrical, doesn't the other side give you any clues ? I would say you are perhaps missing another steel pin, is it in the box somewhere? You have two Rams with eyes on the end but only one pin if that makes sense.

I would agree with Chris, looks a simple fix for the booms , just refit the pins, if you can find the second one to ,even better, a tiny dab of super glue will stop them dropping again, just be sure you don't glue them fixed . The other part I recon has a matching one  somewhere, just got to track it down, .i guess the other option is buy a standard model and swap them round box wise ?? Unless there's any special extra markings or parts on the limited one ? Off load the broken one as spares/repairs 

Thank you for the advise guys, looking at that green bit it don't look as if it has been snapped. Does anyone know anyone who is capable of repairing it pleas. There are no other parts in the box.

I have been onto PayPal tonight and there is a good possibility that I am going to get my money back. I asked what about him and they said there going to Monitor him and if it happens again then they will stop his account as they say they don't want people like him having a account and doing the same to other people.

That's good new Dwain, I still recon you can fix it yourself ,you  just need to find another pin if the others defo missing, it should just hold in,as that's what the threaded end as such is for, personally I would put the current pin back into the arm levelling part,  as that's what shows the worst when it's displayed , then hunt down another pin to fix the booms extending ram problem as that's not so important as such , if all else fails keep the last loose part , in time it will become apparent where it goes , then just fix it . If not I doubt you would notice it's missing, especially if you can't see where it came from 

I am very picky with my models and if it's not perfect then I will not buy it ::)::).

so what I have done is order another one from another seller and if nothing comes of the other one I will sell it fixed or unfixed.:)

9 hours ago, dwain said:

I am very picky with my models and if it's not perfect then I will not buy it ::)::).

so what I have done is order another one from another seller and if nothing comes of the other one I will sell it fixed or unfixed.:)

Dwain,as i said before,go back to paypal and make a claim,its an easy thing to do,explain it arrived broken

Archived