What really annoyed you today

I've just had a disaster... Dad and his wife have left me home alone for the evening and when I put a log on the fire sparks jumped out and burnt the carpet... then the smoke alarm nearly deafened me... and I almost knocked the standard lamp over.... I'm gonna be in soooooo much trouble when they get home :-[

Good job I'm moving out soon ::)

Oh Mandy, just caught up with this topic.  It was an accident, not something you did deliberately after all is said and done. A similar thing happened to me putting a log on the woodburner in a customers office.  A log exploded burning fragments right over the hearth edge (4 inches high) and burnt a hole in the carpet.  I light that woodburner all through the winter and it has only happened once.

I am sure everything will be fine.

Getting a phone call today to say that my dad has been rushed to hospital, just found out he has suffered a serious stroke caused by a blood clot in the brain, a bit hard to take it all in really!!!

I hope to God that he pulls through!

Getting a phone call today to say that my dad has been rushed to hospital, just found out he has suffered a serious stroke caused by a blood clot in the brain, a bit hard to take it all in really!!!

sorry to hear that Noel, prayers are with him bud

Sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you and your family.

How awful for you Noel... my prayers are with you and your family.

sorry to hear that noel, wishing your dad a speedy recovery mate

Oh dear oh dear.... lets hope he makes a full & speedy recovery Noel... please give my best wishes to your family - My mate at work here had a similar thing with his father about this time last year... although I think the road to recovery is a long one, he's fine now - medical technology is so far advanced now in this field, I am sure he is in safe hands.

Chin up buddy - I can only echo what Tris said... there is no better place to try to "escape" for a while than here - you are amoungst friends thats for sure  ;)