What really annoyed you today

Re: What really annoyed you today???

The personal text which appears to have been added to deerepower's profile.... "I'm a MESSER"

I sincerely hope that Mark was not bullied off the forum for one reason or another..... and I sincerely hope that this post does not vanish into thin air which does seem to be the norm these days when someone has something to say.........

agreed jason, also why was his goodbye post removed  ???

Well that was getting a little political from what I could see.... possibly what I have just suggested previously and what was happening in his departure topic are linked..... then again, possibly not.  :-\

Well that was getting a little political from what I could see.... possibly what I have just suggested previously and what was happening in his departure topic are linked..... then again, possibly not.  :-\

To be onsest i think it should have been left up and think it was removed far to quickley  ;):)

i had a PM from Deerpower it included a few things which i,ll not disclose but one thing it did say was he did'nt like the way the forum was being run lately which in some respects i,m goin to agree i think something needs to be said possibily about our moderators so of them are messing with things they should,nt mess with ,maybe i'm wrong i may be leaving myself open for abuse but i,m sure i,ll cope

i had a PM from Deerpower it included a few things which i,ll not disclose but one thing it did say was he did'nt like the way the forum was being run lately which in some respects i,m goin to agree i think something needs to be said possibily about our moderators so of them are messing with things they should,nt mess with ,maybe i'm wrong i may be leaving myself open for abuse but i,m sure i,ll cope

Lets not just hint - Detail by PM the issues that you believe need addressing with the MODS. Everything that is done by us is open and honest. Without rules the forum would implode. We get plenty of reported posts and complaints about things we need to do as the forum is going down hill. Some of your "messing" could be the result of action taken by MODs in response to another member.

Re: What really annoyed you today???

The personal text which appears to have been added to deerepower's profile.... "I'm a MESSER"

I sincerely hope that Mark was not bullied off the forum for one reason or another..... and I sincerely hope that this post does not vanish into thin air which does seem to be the norm these days when someone has something to say.........

I noticed that as well Jason  :-\ :-\

Theres only a certain amount of people that could do it as well  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'(

I noticed that as well Jason  :-\ :-\

Theres only a certain amount of people that could do it as well  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'(

You are infering that it was done by someone else?? It was done by Deerepower before he left!

You are infering that it was done by someone else?? It was done by Deerepower before he left!

I don't/ didn't know who had done it.  :-\ :-\

If it was done by deerepower before he left then yes I do apologize for suggesting that it was another member.  :( :( :( :( :'( :'(

Sorry BGU, Mod Team  :( :( :(:-*

Come along Kevin, you are a man of intelligence...... "Appears to have"......

And without trying to cast doubt here, but how do you know Deerepower did it??

No Jason - the comment was no directed at you. It was the "Theres only  a certain amount of people that could do it as well"

You see it is very easy to post things up here that can be read two ways! ;)

All the MODS are volunteers, I am getting fed up of the constant griping by some members! Jason you have been a MOD and I know that you got fed up as you felt the same?

I think this needs some clearing up....

1. At no point do I authorise any moderator to change a profile to the effect of humiliating another member. Any moderator found doing this will be dealt with in the appropriate way.

2. The moderators on here have a specific task of making this forum as pleasant to browse as possible. It's a serious responsbility that takes up many hours of their time. Our main aim is to provide a pleasant forum for the majority of forum members. If this involves clamping down on the minority trying to spoil it for the rest, then it's a necessary stance to take.

2. At no point did Mark (deerepower) contact me with his concerns. If he had any issues about a certain member(s) then I would have gladly listened to his problem(s) and strived to address them. Consequently he did not make any contact with me.

3. Anyone with any issues regarding the forum in general or specific members or moderators should put it in writing directly to myself. It is my responsbility to safeguard this forum and hence I would be happy to take such problems in the aim of resolving them.

My email address (for anyone who does not know!): info@farmtoysforum.com

Failing that you can phone me on "07894869067" and I would be happy to discuss the matter over the phone. (Phone on most the time, leave a message if you cannot get hold of me)

4. I would appreciate that any future allegations or interpretations against other members, moderators, or the forum in general are not posted into topics. Please contact me directly with your issue, as there is a much better chance of sorting it out.

Many thanks

Andy

Owner of Farm Toys Forum

way to much ideas and very little truth to that matter guys, the whole incident came as a shock to all of us, not just normal members, ,the post was removed by myself, as it was felt there was no need for it in basic, we dont see other members doing that when they "leave" so why should he get special privilages,  personally i recon hes still here just with another new user name,,as for the reasons i gues we will all have to keep on guessing 

???:-\

why did he post the message in general jas??????? your guess is as good as mine, no other member does that when they leave,and plenty have, i am dam sure some would just to stir, but at the end of the day, its a strange way to go about it, no matter what his reasons ?he was clearly after a reaction, and truth be know is logged on at some point having a dam good laught about it to, its already spilling over into other topics like this one,and is prob getting exactly the responce he wanted, ie people bickering, do any of us want that ????

to be honest certain people on here know the crack of being a mod, and what it en-tails, so maybe they should consider the problem from the opposite side, ftf is a group place, not a one person place to make a point, only certain people seem to be making a fuss about the issue strangley enough which is a good enough point to me in that most couldnt really care if hes gone or not, 

I think you have hit the nail on the head Tam... there is indeed much more to this than maybe most of you would believe... and on the basis that there are two sides to every story... and he's CHOSEN himself to not be here to defend himself... I think stance of the mod team was to remove the topic completely...

I have to say I, and upon reflection, I support that stance wholeheartedly  :-\

Well I'm going to chip in my two penneth and [hopefully try] to wrap this up so that someone can start whingeing about a speeding ticket instead like we're supposed to.... talk about OT!!  ;):D

I hadn't engaged in any virtual banter with Mark so all I saw was someone who obviously felt he couldn't be involved with the forum anymore for personal reasons and decided to let all and sundry know that he was off.

I did wonder briefly why he'd gone but as I never met Mark I won't lose much sleep over it.

Whatever may or may not have gone on goes completely over my head and I am quite happy just continuing to light heartedly read the posts and treating the forum as what it is, an opportunity for people with an interest in farm models to get together and chunter over tractors. I don't think anyone should take offence [it is 99.9% of the time unintended anyway I'm sure] or set out to be offensive as that is completely against why we are here. This is not a self help forum afterall but an innocent discussion about models.

FTF should keep doing what it's doing and politics should be kept out of it, we get enough of that in our daily lives.

The mods do a great job of keeping it on track and making FTF one of, if not the nicest and safest online forum where both children and adults can mix on an equal basis in a united passion.

Mark's sudden departure is only unusual in that he said goodbye and a debate has sprung up around it. I've never had a [serious] brush with the mods and I believe that so long as they respect their position they should be respected by all. It is not a paying job nor is there anything to be gained by targeting members unfairly so anyone who gets a dressing down should accept it graciously and improve their conduct.

It's a shame to lose a member with such a great involement but things move on. So should we. Long live toy tractors!!

This is a wind up right? Today is April Fools day, it just has to be a wind up by someone? Surely a Topic basically saying 'See Ya guys, its been nice' wouldnt get removed? Surely Mark (DP) is having a laugh at our expense, I mean he was quick for a laugh? He has pull this off brilliantly if that's the case. Look at the state of it? Of course, it may not be a joke. In which case this will be the second time I have wondered why the hell I bother being a involved as I am in terms of post count.

Oh you don't want me for PM.... 'job seekers allowance' would become 'road sign & public toilet cleaning & national service allowance', I'd make it compulsory for everyone to speak the Queen's English, 'street speak' and 'text language' would be outlawed, punishible by public flogging, and professional footballers would have their wages capped at ?20k / year.....  ;)

Or maybe we do want me for PM..... ;)

This is a wind up right? Today is April Fools day, it just has to be a wind up by someone? Surely a Topic basically 'See Ya guys, its been nice' wouldnt get removed? Surely Mark (DP) is having a laugh at our expense, I mean he was quick for a laugh? He has pull this off brilliantly if that's the case. Look at the state of it?

Of course, it may not be a joke. In which case this will the second time I have wondered why the hell I bother being a involved as I am in terms of post count.

Didn't Mark 'leave' yesterday ???

If it was an April fool then he should get a numpty for getting his dates wrong!  ;)