What really annoyed you today

wants help hire Marky mate ??? i've got a hire car , well its a car got 4 wheels  ::) its there car they use to going around assessing cars that have been pranged.

Insurance companies use them mate... you are entitled to a comparable car... not some cheap courtesey car mate... they will charge them some incredible sum and provide you with another 'rocket' while your is being fixed... usually tyhe threat of it will suffice..

My partner has a 750 BMW.. someone hit him in a carpark.. so he 'helphired' an S class Merc... they charged the insurance company... wait for it... £1100 PER DAY... yes DAY...

Why should you drive around in an old nail when you have paid good money for your car mate - if it's not your faulty then get on the them first thing in the morning... you have rights Marky  ;)

2 weeks, time for some real hard phonecalls every day if not twice a day, really get up there noses mark, sometimes the only way to get results even if its not a nice thing to do

what happend in the kitchen then

may have to start that mate, on the kitchen flood. turned on the outside tape ,under the sink .to wash borrowed car and for some reason the joint from the isolating valve started to leak. 1/2 hour later wife came down from up stairs ,to find the kitchen in 1 1/2 inches of water going in to the dinning room and lounge. :(

may have to start that mate, on the kitchen flood. turned on the outside tape ,under the sink .to wash borrowed car and for some reason the joint from the isolating valve started to leak. 1/2 hour later wife came down from up stairs ,to find the kitchen in 1 1/2 inches of water going in to the dinning room and lounge. :(

ooo not good, been cold latley hasnt it, might have got a bit of frost into it?

Insurance companies use them mate... you are entitled to a comparable car... not some cheap courtesey car mate... they will charge them some incredible sum and provide you with another 'rocket' while your is being fixed... usually tyhe threat of it will suffice..

My partner has a 750 BMW.. someone hit him in a carpark.. so he 'helphired' an S class Merc... they charged the insurance company... wait for it... £1100 PER DAY... yes DAY...

Why should you drive around in an old nail when you have paid good money for your car mate - if it's not your faulty then get on the them first thing in the morning... you have rights Marky  ;)

oh right , no its not my fault Marky its warranty work on the paint water has got under it. this is the 3rd time now >:( >:(

Don't worry Ben, you got years of payback to come.

Like when he brings his first girlfriend home at 2am withot you knowing. Harry raids the drinks cabinet and gets drunk on watered down gin and Plax diluted WKD. . . . takes young floozy upstares for a bit of 'hows your father' and what do they here?

You next door, snoring for the whole of eastern England!! Oooor. . . . Soooooo. . . .

Talk about ruining the moment!! :D

my *$%@**"!!$$$$$ Vista machine.

First it supposedly had a virus.  Then refused to reboot.  Took 2 hours doing a boot scan, restarted installed (or rather failed to) updates and is now telling me it has NEVER updated.

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

I hate Vista....

.. ad nauseum

snapped a ten ton breaking strian kevlar rope 4 times today trying to get a new cable in, belive me they make a hell of a bang when they go, even when its up the duct, so well behind now, got 3 days of road closure left and 4- 5 days work left

Good job you weren't in its path when it whiplashed!  You could have been news in two halves.

Good job you weren't in its path when it whiplashed!  You could have been news in two halves.

we had it tubed between the lorry and the box, so it wouldnt do that, had a feeling it was going to be tight, but its pretty un heard of to break it 4 times in one pull, once happens if its stuck, but ???? luckly most of the time it was under ground when it went, but that gives as many probs as being stuck in the first place, as we have to clear the duct out before we re rope and try again, which means fishing with a bit of hooked wire on a long set of rods

we had it tubed between the lorry and the box, so it wouldnt do that, had a feeling it was going to be tight, but its pretty un heard of to break it 4 times in one pull, once happens if its stuck, but ???? luckly most of the time it was under ground when it went, but that gives as many probs as being stuck in the first place, as we have to clear the duct out before we re rope and try again, which means fishing with a bit of hooked wire on a long set of rods

Sounds highly technical! 

Could a thinner line be connected to the far end before you start the pull?  I mean a sort of leader line that in the event of a break can pull out the bit that is left behind?  A bit like unrolling a length of string when exploring a cave or maze - something to get you back where you started.

I am an uncomplicated sort so bear with me if I am being too simplistic

we only pull a new thinner rope in behind the cable/rods for future cables, you cant use exsisiting ropes as you have no real idea how long they have been in so may have rotted,also if not pulled in with a "swivel" they have ahabbit or wrapping round the exsisting cables which in turn try and pull out when you whinch the new one in, or causes more damage than the first place, seems such a simple job, but its certainly not, glad i dont do it every day