What really annoyed you today

How can that happen Colm... is it not the case that good straw is short this year with all the wet weather ???

Do you mind if I ask how much baled straw is worth/was worth ???

PM if it's personal... or tell me to mind my own business if it's REALLY personal :D :D

No straw is good this year Mark - we had a lot of straw baled in good weather but then the rain went through it and it also soaked upwards (Dad said he never saw that happening before and he is farming now 45 years). The last week of good weather has also meant a lot of lads got straw baled after tedding it a good few times so has led to oversupply in the market :( A lot of slatted sheds have been put up this year due to generous Government grants and that has led to the demand decreasing :(

Round 4x4 bales are making €6 a bale at the minute but profit is only €1-2 once everything is costed. We would chop some if the combine had a chopper ;)

sounds like a job for Frankie mate  ;):D

due to new planning laws and Harry i cant really afford to pave the entire drive, so i was gonna run 4 strips of paving slabs / blockpaving for the cars to drive on, then gravel the rest?

you could leave her there??............................................................................and the loader so i can push the cars out of the way :D :D :D :D

due to new planning laws and Harry i cant really afford to pave the entire drive, so i was gonna run 4 strips of paving slabs / blockpaving for the cars to drive on, then gravel the rest?

you could leave her there??............................................................................and the loader so i can push the cars out of the way :D :D :D :D

they dont come into effect yet do they ben?? thought it was next year, thats why the guy opposite has just dones his drive himself, cost to much to get somebody in, but halfed the cost if not more, by digging and laying it all himself, easy to do, i did mine 5 or 6 years ago now

October/November i was told?......although i'm wondering if its selective councils???

might be worth checking mate, he deff said it was next year, hence his rush to get his done, really is eay to do, you and nextdoor could do it no probs, and marky can remove the soil with frankie and his bailleys??

I was digging a trench to put water mains into one of our fields and broke the bracket that connects to the end of the bucket on the mini digger  >:(

Though i did manage to get over 100 meters dug up along a concrete lane, 25mm pipe in and all covered over, just another 85 meters to do tomorrow  :-\

I was digging a trench to put water mains into one of our fields and broke the bracket that connects to the end of the bucket on the mini digger  >:(

Though i did manage to get over 100 meters dug up along a concrete lane, 25mm pipe in and all covered over, just another 85 meters to do tomorrow  :-\

what was Tris helping you  :o :o :o :o................................... :D :D ::)

Finding out about the Agar toy plough, luckily tris has said I can borrow his after Simon has finnished playing with it and use to get my press arm sorted.

Thanks Trystal, you are a star  ;) ;) :D :D

I am a man with a plan on this one  ;)