Paul Palmer's conversions

34 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Tell me about it Paul, set it up one way and rear furrow is sticking up in the air turn the plough other way and it sits right, given up trying to set it up for transport, got to be worse model plough you can buy:rolleyes: As for the hitch removed the Britains style linkage and put pins there then altered the top link bit on the Challenger as it was to wide.

mine does sit right,its just a massive faff to do,i have just seen it on the 875,looks good

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got it today,and she is in bits allready front wheels and rear wheels,rear wheel weights will be sprayed with genuine jd paint,rear wheel weights from Dave Towse,tyres will be weathered,tracking width front and back to be sorted,cab roof aerial, starfire aerial and cable,numberplate,replacement front weight,original allready off and i think thats it,would love to to take the cab off to get a driver in,but the bonnet has to come off,and its stuck on really well,so dont want to break the bonnet,pictures as i go,as allways the rear wheels were gits to remove,john deere experts,do the uk versions have the 50 kmh sticker in the back window,need advice on that

britains john deere 8370R 001.JPG

britains john deere 8370R 002.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Can see a bit of work need doing to this model. As for the 50 kmh decal not on UK versions Paul , Some pictures of UK versions in link below

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/farm-tractor/1/4039/john-deere/8370r.html

thanks Mark,im going to do a search if i can find one with the really wide rear mudguards as per the britains one

a few pictures,rear wheel weights and front weight hasnt turned up yet or the numberplate,data tags to do,bit more weathering to the tyres and thats it,aerials added,front wheel nuts picked out,etc,rear wheel track brought in by only a couple of mm,front track width increased slightly

britains 004.JPG

britains 005.JPG

britains 006.JPG

britains 007.JPG

britains 008.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, weblet375 said:

Paul a absolute masterpiece mate,credit where credits due.

that is very kind of you Andy, as Bluegreen always says,its the wheels that make all the difference,right colour,thats one thing,and what also helps i think,is weathering the tyres,it seems to make the model jump out