JCB Teletruck

Marky them things are amazing, the hieght is good when you think of the width if the wheelbase - it isn't the widest out there don't forget. Where we get loaded up at Hulland in Derbyshire they have got a dozen or more of these loading palletised building broducts (stone etc). There is a tendancey to overheat as they are very compact, all it means is look after it and it will do you very proud. Once you get into the swing of unloading a full artic load from one side you won't want a mast truck on the job again. :)

Thanks for the insight Tris... I have to say... I had 3 hours on the seat yesterday and you are right they are a very useful tool... My problem with this machine is it's size... compared to my 2t truck it is enormous - much longer and a much greater rear overhang (I suppose the counterbalance weight has to be bigger as it's a 1/2 tonne bigger capacity and the layout of the machine is different with the boom  :-\) - The other thing is it's not very nippy either - my forklift is a rocket ship compared to this thing... that said - I do like it and it is much more suited to the job I have.

My problem is that we do some work inside the building and the free lift (mast in) is not quite high enough to reach my mezzanine floor or racking (by about 3" by the look of things)... which means an extend of the mast every time - and when it's lifting with the mast extending it is gaining forward travel as well as upward travel  :-\ - SOme of the tight spaces we have are a problem as well  :-\

Got the rep coming on monday... We'll talk it over with him I guess  :-\

shame, you could have had more fun! ;D:D

whats the latest with it then Maaaaarkeeeee ???

Don't really know Ben to be truthful... it's got it's bad points and it's got it's good points - we are all going to have a sit down meeting to discuss on Monday  :-\ - I'm all for it but others here are dead against it  ::)  It will be here on Monday I think if you fancy a go  ;)

It's a job to ever find anything perfect eh Marky? If it was just loading/unloading lorries it's slower pace would be made up by it's ease of one-sided reach but when it works inside too and the boom is a wee bit to short. . . Swings and round abouts mate, evrytime. (You want a JCB though, we all know!!) Got to suit the wallet aswell as the job, if you get better back up for a prime market machine with a better residual value, will that be enough to put up with a couple of minor crosses in the review boxes?

for your sirt of stuff marky you need a linde with 2.5t capacity , branstons have 5-6 ,i think braggs have one as well ,handles the boxtipper no probs , that would be my personal choice.

a lot of what you pay for with JCB is the name , the machine is not nesissarily better , in my view buy some thing built by the people who know  :)

It's a job to ever find anything perfect eh Marky? If it was just loading/unloading lorries it's slower pace would be made up by it's ease of one-sided reach but when it works inside too and the boom is a wee bit to short. . . Swings and round abouts mate, evrytime. (You want a JCB though, we all know!!) Got to suit the wallet aswell as the job, if you get better back up for a prime market machine with a better residual value, will that be enough to put up with a couple of minor crosses in the review boxes?

Thanks Lads for the comments... Tris... I DO WANT a JCB it has to be said  ;D - But the boom is a tad too short like you say... and inside it's a lot less agile...

Marcus... my mate next door has an electric Linde and I don't rate it (although he does).. do they make a Diesel truck or are they all electric  ???

The saleman is trying to sell me a Nissan - he claims they make the CAT truck as well - anyone know anything about Nissan trucks  ??? ??? ??? - They have a big share of the trucks in Spitalsfield market  :-\

I think there is some pics of some Lindes in A Day With Deere-est. Not intentional but I'm sure a few were in shot. Alot of builders yards have them so they must be rugged. Nice controls too, it's a little jooystick on the armrest. Tilt booms are fixed to the top of the cab allowing more movement.

Have you tried the Toyota trucks Marky, my late father used to sell them alongside Sanderson's and they always looked like a good machine to me, they used to sell several of them :)

Have you tried the Toyota trucks Marky, my late father used to sell them alongside Sanderson's and they always looked like a good machine to me, they used to sell several of them :)

Ummm... it might be that I have my Nissan mixed up with my Toyota actually now Gavin... do Nissan make trucks  ???:-[:-[ :-[

Thanks Lads for the comments... Tris... I DO WANT a JCB it has to be said  ;D - But the boom is a tad too short like you say... and inside it's a lot less agile...

Marcus... my mate next door has an electric Linde and I don't rate it (although he does).. do they make a Diesel truck or are they all electric  ???

The saleman is trying to sell me a Nissan - he claims they make the CAT truck as well - anyone know anything about Nissan trucks  ??? ??? ??? - They have a big share of the trucks in Spitalsfield market  :-\

yes they do AND DONT BUY ONE  we have one at the yard and its C**P

if it's rugedness you want the diesel linde 2.5t would be a good choice , the nissan / cat trucks are good up to 1.5 tons . i liked them for indoors as they are very manuverable & the have toggle switches for controls .

if it's rugedness you want the diesel linde 2.5t would be a good choice , the nissan / cat trucks are good up to 1.5 tons . i liked them for indoors as they are very manuverable & the have toggle switches for controls .

Thanks Marcus... Had the meeting with them today... a new Telehandler is about ?21k  :o - The truck he is trying to sell me is a Mitsubishi... which is about ?13k... going to have a look at one of those next week... got the Telehandler until Thursday for anyone living nearby who wants a play (Ben  ::)).... Jury is still out on the telehandler... artic pulled up today and we were his first 4 pallets... they are 4ft in from the back... normally its hassle trying to tow them off with a chain (or fart about with the pallet truck)... JCB was boom out and pull them back - HEAVEN... except with the boom half out and a pallet of tomatoes it nearly tipped the thing up on end... the lift gauge thingy was beeping at 100%  ::) - If we get one we need the 3.5tonne one I reckon... and I think that is bigger still  ::) - We have left it with the saleman to do some figures for me (we still owe ?5k on the old Daewoo he tells me  :o :o :o :o)

Will up date you all when I have some more news - thanks for your input though you lads  ;) - I do appreciate your comments... as I'm a pillock and I know little or nothing about them  ::)

Thanks Marcus... Had the meeting with them today... a new Telehandler is about ?21k  :o - The truck he is trying to sell me is a Mitsubishi... which is about ?13k... going to have a look at one of those next week... got the Telehandler until Thursday for anyone living nearby who wants a play (Ben  ::)).... Jury is still out on the telehandler... artic pulled up today and we were his first 4 pallets... they are 4ft in from the back... normally its hassle trying to tow them off with a chain (or fart about with the pallet truck)... JCB was boom out and pull them back - HEAVEN... except with the boom half out and a pallet of tomatoes it nearly tipped the thing up on end... the lift gauge thingy was beeping at 100%  ::) - If we get one we need the 3.5tonne one I reckon... and I think that is bigger still  ::) - We have left it with the saleman to do some figures for me (we still owe ?5k on the old Daewoo he tells me  :o :o :o :o)

Will up date you all when I have some more news - thanks for your input though you lads  ;) - I do appreciate your comments... as I'm a pillock and I know little or nothing about them  ::)

i'll give you a call!! ;D ;D

Thanks Marcus... Had the meeting with them today... a new Telehandler is about ?21k  :o - The truck he is trying to sell me is a Mitsubishi... which is about ?13k... going to have a look at one of those next week... got the Telehandler until Thursday for anyone living nearby who wants a play (Ben  ::)).... Jury is still out on the telehandler... artic pulled up today and we were his first 4 pallets... they are 4ft in from the back... normally its hassle trying to tow them off with a chain (or fart about with the pallet truck)... JCB was boom out and pull them back - HEAVEN... except with the boom half out and a pallet of tomatoes it nearly tipped the thing up on end... the lift gauge thingy was beeping at 100%   ::) - If we get one we need the 3.5tonne one I reckon... and I think that is bigger still  ::) - We have left it with the saleman to do some figures for me (we still owe ?5k on the old Daewoo he tells me  :o :o :o :o)

Thats the best way to operate a telehandler Marky, when we load our grain up ours is always beeping at us, no point in taking half loads. I've had the back wheels waving 4 feet in the air several times on ours   ;D:D :D ;)