Yard

John C

Guest Fendt pwr

Your yard site looks very good john I like the fact that you don't have all the tractors in sheds but out and about ready to work :),do you have any fuel tanks for the tractors to fill up at?.

Your yard site looks very good john I like the fact that you don't have all the tractors in sheds but out and about ready to work :),do you have any fuel tanks for the tractors to fill up at?.

Not yet any ideals how i could make one.

john

i meant the ones in the corner on the dislpay behind the marston tipper,looks like 4 ramps or something? actually on the green base plate in the first pics ,not the draws in the second pic

Sorry tractorman810 i was looking at the wrong boot and got my left and right mixed up ha ha!  :D :D :D. Do you mean the ones in the shed? if so they are the new fertiliser bags from britains.

john

very good use of the 'atcost' barns!!!!!. You should attempt one from plastruct like Smurf did (my parts still lie on the computer desk!)

I use an old shell tanker as the fuel tank, i suppose you could try using a small box painted black with a small piece of 'wire' as the house. As for a jet wash, not sure really!!

very good use of the 'atcost' barns!!!!!. You should attempt one from plastruct like Smurf did (my parts still lie on the computer desk!)

I use an old shell tanker as the fuel tank, i suppose you could try using a small box painted black with a small piece of 'wire' as the house. As for a jet wash, not sure really!!

The barns smurf made do look awesome but i don't think i'd have the patients. Might try the box idea for a diesel tank though

john

Guest Fendt pwr

Red ball cans are also good to make fuel tank's out of,just fill the ends up,paint it and stick it on a bit of painted ply wood with a bit of wire bent up the right way, looks good.

If you drink a can of that stuff frist before you start the job you'll be done in about 5 minutes flat :D :D

All that said, all you model farmers should bear in mind the environmental legislation now in force and have your tank sat in a bund!!!

Nightmare so I'll ahve to build one of those aswell. Any of you guys got any pictures of your tanks?

john

All that said, all you model farmers should bear in mind the environmental legislation now in force and have your tank sat in a bund!!!

mine was balanced on lego bricks!!,,,,a new modern version though could have a bund build i guess!

Build the bund with Lego bricks.  That is what, in effect, is done in real life.  I had to build fuel bunds on helocopter sites in the Falklands and we used high density concrete blocks and a concrete floor.