First Siku in a looong while

J55CKH

Received my first Siku in a long time today, JD 6920s, not had one in over 20 years, absolutely loved these when i was younger :wub:. My first impressions of the build quality is that it's so good, very sturdy and heavy, the only thing that slightly lets it down for me is the metal pins in the centre of the wheels. What is everyone else doing to blend them in, or is it best to leave them alone? 

Jack

file[2017].jpeg

The 6920 is still one of my favourite models, mainly because it was the one that got me back into collecting years ago. It's a fairly basic model by the standards of some now, but for me Siku got the shape pretty much spot on and really captured the character of the real deal. It's also a great base for converting. As Brian says, a dab of yellow on the hub helps, but then you'll find yourself picking out detail in the cab, adding grab handles, aerials, beacons,......and so it goes on!:D

1 minute ago, J55CKH said:

Cheers lads, where would the best place to get the exact match in colour? it's the only thing letting it down in my opinion.

I've always used genuine Deere paint, just because we always have a tin or two about for touch- up jobs and find its a good match, spraying the whole wheel really makes a difference and takes away the plastic look, but just painting the hub still makes a big difference:)

Archived