Cook bale accumulator prototype

So building has commenced on the prototype. It has been done before. And very well for that matter ! Although these are going to be for sale. I will sell this prototype after I’ve finished my scale drawing of it. Message me to reserve it. As you can see still a few bits left to finish a few more braces to add etc. Wheels rotate and front one steers. Just needs drawbar fixing up on the axle and will be grand. 

Hope you like ;) 

F4A5436A-43FA-4485-9FCC-2D16A51904BC.jpeg

01E70E17-4CBC-487D-B357-981F07DBC812.jpeg

D37B74EF-D24D-440E-B2B9-0E79052CC7CF.jpeg

F0692DCD-C6FB-426E-B964-B9CF1507A21F.jpeg

41 minutes ago, prickles said:

very very nice work 

14 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Cracking work. Looking forward to seeing this finished. 

Cheers guys. Hoping to have it done tomorrow so I can at least head to the pub for a pint L o l :D I’ll keep you all updated. Hoping to get it on my Bamford BL 58 soon. Not sure what tractor to put it on... as always I’ve shot my self in the foot and left myself hanging with no age related tractor to display them with :( ideas and donations welcome ;):D Hahaha 

Sam 

I’m calling it a day there... 2x 17 hour shifts on orders and this yesterday and today. If I could go more I would. But once the old eyes start smarting and the yawns don’t stop... I canny concentrate haha. Anyway there it is some braces added to the side rails. The hinges tidied up too. And another Brace in the middle frame fitted. Not bad progress as I have been doing other stuff. So as it stands The primary chute needs to be fitted, drawbar needs to be fitted and the bale twine carriers need to be built and fitted. Some triangular strengthening plates need to bed added to the frame work too. Not to forget the rear gate mechanism and latches. Then we’re ready for paint shop. and finally decals. 

9BB0A70B-674A-4246-B43C-53BC5163E9BB.jpeg

11834215-ED4E-4714-BE4D-3552C312F800.jpeg

9BCCD091-8C0A-44FF-8BFE-E80B78E29296.jpeg

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Still looking great Sam, really tidy work. There is a nice bamford wizzler in the background too. ;)

Your a bugger ;) to keen eyed ! Like myself so I’m not saying ewt else. I’m dying to show everyone !!! Thanks for that mate anyways just a few more details to add and I’ll paint her up 

23 minutes ago, Barry said:

Fabulous, I'll make one of these one day, still searching for the wheels to use!

Cheers Barry. I have used these off a Britain’s sledge there perfect size. Will be sending them to be casted once I start my batch of them. If you still haven’t found any Drop me a message these will suit any sledge you would want to make 

Looks very nice Sam, a proper neat and tidy job:). One question though, how do you manage to keep the styrene so pristine and white? Half an hour into a build and anything I make looks like it gets used part time as a coal wagon!:D

Dunno why but that proper tittled me hahah :D i guess the biggest thing that I find makes them look messy Is glueing your finger to something which I do allot on something so small. And the glue I use bonds in 5 seconds so it fetches off all the crap on your finger and leaves marks. Other than that I don’t know mate. Thanks for the kind words ! I try my best :) 

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Looks very nice Sam, a proper neat and tidy job:). One question though, how do you manage to keep the styrene so pristine and white? Half an hour into a build and anything I make looks like it gets used part time as a coal wagon!:D

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Dunno why but that proper tittled me hahah :D i guess the biggest thing that I find makes them look messy Is glueing your finger to something which I do allot on something so small. And the glue I use bonds in 5 seconds so it fetches off all the crap on your finger and leaves marks. Other than that I don’t know mate. Thanks for the kind words ! I try my best :) 

That the problem, I always have plenty of crap on my fingers!

3 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Me too mate. I’ll be tinkering with something mechanical nearly every day. God knows what I’m gonna be like when we rebuild the old Deere. Models will be plastered in it :/ 

Authentic weathering. ;)

Hi mate thanks for that !! If you would like a set of them I will let you know when these go into production in a few weeks time and order a extra set. The uh taarup was a option but as soon as we put the wheels on the sledge they looked huge, these are perfect Britain’s did a nice job 

5 hours ago, Janval said:

Turned out great! I saw you got those wheels casted, do you know if someone sells small wheels as well? I'm thinking kind of like those seen on the UH Taarup model or similar.

• 1 month later...

If you put that on a rolling floor electric motor operated and rigged up a mechanisam to drop bales on to your cookes shute and through the system im sure with tweeking you could have a demo of how the real one workedmate

17 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

If you put that on a rolling floor electric motor operated and rigged up a mechanisam to drop bales on to your cookes shute and through the system im sure with tweeking you could have a demo of how the real one workedmate

Aye You definitely could mate. Hmm... that’s a nice idea. Maybe bump the scale up though, I think the 1/32 may be a tad to small 

2 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Aye You definitely could mate. Hmm... that’s a nice idea. Maybe bump the scale up though, I think the 1/32 may be a tad to small 

Any nice 16th balers?

Archived